Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
im afraid i will not be signing for the reasons others have put above the power supply for people has to go somewhere no power no motorhome fun
Don’t dispute we need the power, it’s just the location needs shifting to the south side of the existing site so it doesn’t use any of the reserves land.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Please take a look at the link, it’s the RSPB that are sponsoring this not necessarily the residents living locally, who haven’t had a chance yet to share their thoughts.
I am a member of the RSPB but I don’t not always agree with their land grabbing but in this case look at the Amount of concrete that will be pored, consider the noise pollution that will be created and the heavy traffic generated for many years. I suppose if they built the new reactor on the southern end of the site away from the reserve the potential damage and disturbance would be less.
It will also affect the water table which in turn will effect the wildlife (nesting birds) if not managed correctly in addition to the local fish that is said will be killed. If people have not visited then an appreciation of the wildness and diversification of the wildlife is hard to visualise.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi Funsters,
please check out this link Minsmere is being threatened by the new Sizewell C nuclear power station. Can you add your name to the list of objectors.
https://e-activist.com/page/71193/petition/1?chain

thanks
Here is the SIB/RSPB video with Chris Packham et.al who discuss Minsmere and how it is under threat, I am not a bird watching fan although I do visit the site and enjoy the nature reserve, we should not let yet another infrastructure project destroy another natural environment (AKA HS2 which is destroying habitats and ancient woodland to save 20 mins on a train journey)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back