Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Don’t believe everything you read written by professional activators. They would be the first to whinge when their electricity fails.
Sizewell A and B have been working successfully and perfectly since they were built.
Phil
From what I have read they are genuine concerns, our wildlife is very important, and just because previous two working as you say doesn’t mean this next one will, what’s happened to renewable energy that’s promised?

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Don’t believe everything you read written by professional activators. They would be the first to whinge when their electricity fails.
Sizewell A and B have been working successfully and perfectly since they were built.
Phil
Take a look at the proposed site, it encroaches closer to Minsmere (right next door). I do not dispute that once built it should not cause much disturbance but it’s the 10 years of construction, if it were to be ever completed that will clear Minsmere of many if it’s residents.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
From what I have read they are genuine concerns, our wildlife is very important, and just because previous two working as you say doesn’t mean this next one will, what’s happened to renewable energy that’s promised?
It’s all out in the sea successfully producing energy from wind farms round Britain. That doesn’t mean you should rely on one form of energy production in this day and age.
Phil

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well the technology has improved since A and then B were built. Having been up and down that stretch of coastline many times I think it is a NIMBY thing. All the disturbance will be from the south as there is zero access from the north and congestion will be on the roads. Since Minismere has been in existence since the late 1940’s I would imagine that there were similar objections for both the (now decommissioned) Sizewell A and Sizewell B. Cue Swampy sitting up a tree somewhere......

Every single major development in this country brings out the objectors. That is itself is a good thing as it does raise issues that the developers may not have been aware of (or chose to ignore) and ensures that there is a wide ranging debate about it, with compromises made to accommodate reasonable and sensible objections.

Many will disagree with the above so I will get some popcorn

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Well the technology has improved since A and then B were built. Having been up and down that stretch of coastline many times I think it is a NIMBY thing. All the disturbance will be from the south as there is zero access from the north and congestion will be on the roads. Since Minismere has been in existence since the late 1940’s I would imagine that there were similar objections for both the (now decommissioned) Sizewell A and Sizewell B. Cue Swampy sitting up a tree somewhere......

Every single major development in this country brings out the objectors. That is itself is a good thing as it does raise issues that the developers may not have been aware of (or chose to ignore) and ensures that there is a wide ranging debate about it, with compromises made to accommodate reasonable and sensible objections.

Many will disagree with the above so I will get some popcorn
Please take a look at the link, it’s the RSPB that are sponsoring this not necessarily the residents living locally, who haven’t had a chance yet to share their thoughts.
I am a member of the RSPB but I don’t not always agree with their land grabbing but in this case look at the Amount of concrete that will be pored, consider the noise pollution that will be created and the heavy traffic generated for many years. I suppose if they built the new reactor on the southern end of the site away from the reserve the potential damage and disturbance would be less.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Please take a look at the link, it’s the RSPB that are sponsoring this not necessarily the residents living locally, who haven’t had a chance yet to share their thoughts.
I am a member of the RSPB but I don’t not always agree with their land grabbing but in this case look at the Amount of concrete that will be pored, consider the noise pollution that will be created and the heavy traffic generated for many years. I suppose if they built the new reactor on the southern end of the site away from the reserve the potential damage and disturbance would be less.
and afterwards? I did say that the debate is a good thing but I will not be signing. Of course the RSPB are at the front of this.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
When the UK runs out of energy I suppose the organisers of petitions will have to resort to walking around the countryside asking people to protest.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
How will all these protesters be able to drive around in their eco friendly electric cars in ten years time...🤔
They won't. But looking on the bright side, they won't have to drive with a man waving a red flag in front of them to warn the wildlife in the hedgerows of an oncoming vehicle.

That was a joke by the way

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Been to Minsmere many times and it is one of our favourite wildlife places to visit. Places like this should not be lost to any potential developments like this, it should never ever be a at all costs situation, go find another more appropriate site. 🤬

have signed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
This could have devastating consequences for nature. The build could destroy an area equivalent to 10 football pitches of protected wildlife site Sizewell Marshes, which is managed by Suffolk Wildlife Trust. Legally protected animals like otters, water voles and marsh harriers could lose their homes, and toxic chemicals and up to 3 million dead fish could be pumped into the sea each year."

The document itself is phrased in similar language - they should try and work with the developers to find solutions. I was always taught in business to never object to anything without a back up argument for a solution

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
This could have devastating consequences for nature. The build could destroy an area equivalent to 10 football pitches of protected wildlife site Sizewell Marshes, which is managed by Suffolk Wildlife Trust. Legally protected animals like otters, water voles and marsh harriers could lose their homes, and toxic chemicals and up to 3 million dead fish could be pumped into the sea each year."

The document itself is phrased in similar language - they should try and work with the developers to find solutions. I was always taught in business to never object to anything without a back up argument for a solution

As the link in the petition states, the plans submitted do not provide sufficient details to identify the expected impact. I would assume that in business, you would have wanted the details to form a solution.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It’s all out in the sea successfully producing energy from wind farms round Britain. That doesn’t mean you should rely on one form of energy production in this day and age.
Phil
It doesn’t mean that you need to disturb the eco system that has been there for many years with valuable wildlife either they should find somewhere else🤔

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I am sure the RSPB want to work with the developers to reduce or mitigate damage I think they are keen to get people talking about it so EDF do not blind people with their science. EDF will throw millions at the PR and the danger is they may have better lobby consultants than the locals including the RSPB and the Wildlife trust.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
It doesn’t mean that you need to disturb the eco system that has been there for many years with valuable wildlife either they should find somewhere else🤔
We live in Suffolk and go to Sizewell and Minsmere regularly. It works extremely well and I wondered if you have been there and seen for yourself ? We do, and you can overnight at Sizewell car par park in your motorhome, right next to the beach and Minsmere.
Phil

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We live in Suffolk and go to Sizewell and Minsmere regularly. It works extremely well and I wondered if you have been there and seen for yourself ? We do, and you can overnight at Sizewell car par park in your motorhome, right next to the beach and Minsmere.
Phil
Yes have been there and loved it I’ve been member of RSPB for a very long time we love our birds & wildlife.😊
Never done it the Motorhome though? Will make a nice trip out when things improve.😊

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Minsmere and the power station have lived side by side for many years with no problems.
Up to now the birds and other animals haven’t left and don’t appear to have been scared off and there is no reason to think that will change.
We live reasonably close to Minsmere and have been there many times, the present power station is far enough away not to cause any disturbance and the new one won’t either.
The country badly needs more 'green' power generating capacity and we’ll never get it if everyone complains as soon as something is built near their backyards.
I've seen the proposals for environmental mitigation and they looked good to me.
We haven’t renewed our RSPB membership in recent years after they became far too political.

Richard.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
im afraid i will not be signing for the reasons others have put above the power supply for people has to go somewhere no power no motorhome fun

BuilderBob

Free Member
Apr 29, 2017
nn297tl
Funster No
MH
E745 Bessacar
Exp
12yrs
The approval of Sizewell C was announced this moring

Join us or log in to post a reply.