Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
So many assumptions re bad debt deposits lost etc. I was aware of the track record and did my due diligence before purchasing my first Endeavour, I have had nothing but professional transparent service from the team. As I've stated earlier Im waiting for delivery of my new to me Elysian. As an ex racer I've seen many RS MH and race trucks, every single owner had nothing but praise for them. I've had german built MH before and for me it was always the engines that let them down, The Iveco 8 speed box 210 hp on an extremely robust chassis is one of the attractions. The build quality and the lack of unnecessary frills is the other. We may even do some rallies and would be delighted for anybody to have a look round and appreciate the LACK of plastic and faux leather.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So many assumptions re bad debt deposits lost etc. I was aware of the track record and did my due diligence before purchasing my first Endeavour, I have had nothing but professional transparent service from the team. As I've stated earlier Im waiting for delivery of my new to me Elysian. As an ex racer I've seen many RS MH and race trucks, every single owner had nothing but praise for them. I've had german built MH before and for me it was always the engines that let them down, The Iveco 8 speed box 210 hp on an extremely robust chassis is one of the attractions. The build quality and the lack of unnecessary frills is the other. We may even do some rallies and would be delighted for anybody to have a look round and appreciate the LACK of plastic and faux leather.
If you were looking at or had an equivalent “German built MH” it would be on the same chassis with the same engine and gearbox unless it was on an even better truck chassis but over 7500kg of course.

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
If you were looking at or had an equivalent “German built MH” it would be on the same chassis with the same engine and gearbox unless it was on an even better truck chassis but over 7500kg of course.
Agreed, I should have been more clear, I refer to a Euro Mobil Intergra 3l fiat engine and burster the same, You are of course right the Concorde, Morelo are every bit as good with the same Iveco engine as chassis

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds like a good manufacturer that knows what they are building but has perhaps had some hard times, made some poor business decisions that make it sound a tad risky (for some).

If it's the right van for you then find a safe way to pay:

- put the deposit in an escrow
- bank LC (my suggestion) that's valid against signed hand over docs ie you sign it's good and the bank releases the cash

Other ways to secure your deposit, the question is if the manufacturer are willing to use their cash to build your van and if indeed they have that cash ?

I've seen 2 RS van and was super impressed by them i have to say, both were at race tracks and well kitted out and looked like they'd last a lifetime.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
When I looked at them the only thing I couldn’t see from their blurb was regarding the general construction, inside and outside walls ? What insulation is in there? How it’s actually put together the body, floor, roof etc?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
When I looked at them the only thing I couldn’t see from their blurb was regarding the general construction, inside and outside walls ? What insulation is in there? How it’s actually put together the body, floor, roof etc?
Not sure of the exact specs but there is no wood used in the panels and roof etc. It is all GRP construction. The underfloor heating was added when they raised the floor on the latest models - same tech os the Morelo with the 'pipes' being in the floor itself. Leather is standard along with soft upholstered ceiling and walls. You can see al this stuff on their website.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I sold mine back to them due to not being able to get the leisure batteries out that required replacement, also had gremlins with the self levelling system, wasn’t happy to sell private, I agree with most comments from the owners here, BUT for the cost I would expect a the pdi to have picked up
Diesel leak when filled up
Fridge not working on hook up
Water coming in front wiper through seal
Anyway if it wasn’t for Adam the place would in my opinion fall apart, he would always pick his phone up and talk you through any issues which was great for me as it was a four hr drive to reach them.

oh and they still owe me £90 that I’m sick of asking for, maybe it’s because I wasn’t buying new that the front of house service was simply shocking, didn’t return calls etc, obviously after they had my wad, thankfully Adam works their.

Would I buy again? Now I have my class 2 maybe, but not new👍

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
No problem

on the Elysian that I had the two batteries were tucked away in a sump area under the oil reservoir for the levelling legs, the garage area wasn’t one of the large race ones but more of a slot in the side, even after moving the reservoir to one side, trying to lift a 30 kg battery while lay on your chest in said hole wasn’t happening without causing injuries, as I also had issues with the levelling system deploying while driving through Holland and France I decided I wasn’t prepared to sell private as it needed looked at properly, I agreed a price with RS and took it over to them to sort out

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
That would have been on the previous chassis which wasn’t raised like the current one I think I am right in saying ? The raised chassis gives much more space underneath giving winterised lockers above where the heating flows and some non winterised below those.
The new version comes with three 100amp hour lithium batteries as standard

OP
OP
domf
Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 744
Exp
I'm a newbie
No problem

on the Elysian that I had the two batteries were tucked away in a sump area under the oil reservoir for the levelling legs, the garage area wasn’t one of the large race ones but more of a slot in the side, even after moving the reservoir to one side, trying to lift a 30 kg battery while lay on your chest in said hole wasn’t happening without causing injuries, as I also had issues with the levelling system deploying while driving through Holland and France I decided I wasn’t prepared to sell private as it needed looked at properly, I agreed a price with RS and took it over to them to sort out

Interesting. I had visions of batteries placed in a position and furniture (or whatever) being built so it was impossible to remove them :ROFLMAO:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That would have been on the previous chassis which wasn’t raised like the current one I think I am right in saying ? The raised chassis gives much more space underneath giving winterised lockers above where the heating flows and some non winterised below those.
The new version comes with three 100amp hour lithium batteries as standard
You say “raised chassis” I guess what you really mean is that the dashboard and driving area is raised allowing the habitation floor to be the same level right through the van giving locker space between the habitation floor and the lower floor that is sat on top of the chassis, Am I right that the chassis work is done by Meier in Germany as is our MORELO and also PhoeniX.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
You say “raised chassis” I guess what you really mean is that the dashboard and driving area is raised allowing the habitation floor to be the same level right through the van giving locker space between the habitation floor and the lower floor that is sat on top of the chassis, Am I right that the chassis work is done by Meier in Germany as is our MORELO and also PhoeniX.
That’s correct.
There was a double floor previously but not at all the same height. There is much more space for lockers and as you say it results in a flat floor inside and also about half a metre more internal space. Doesn’t sound like much but actually makes a huge difference.
I did wish I had specified a removable steering wheel which would have been an extra but would make even more use if the space.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That’s correct.
There was a double floor previously but not at all the same height. There is much more space for lockers and as you say it results in a flat floor inside and also about half a metre more internal space. Doesn’t sound like much but actually makes a huge difference.
I did wish I had specified a removable steering wheel which would have been an extra but would make even more use if the space.
Do you have the latest chassis with the multifunction steering wheel controls, if it’s older we have a friend who is selling a removable wheel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back