Routing via Madrid, advice needed (1 Viewer)

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Hi all.

Leaving the Algarve soon and heading for Toulouse to wander the Canal du Midi. Sat nav routes us round Madrid on an inner ring road and i'm a bit nervous! Madrid was somewhere to avoid i was always told but getting to Toulouse a different way would add many miles so Madrid it is. I'll be travelling into Madrid on the A5-E90 and out of Madrid on the A2-E90 but round Madrid looks a bit interesting! Anyone any good advice to keep things simple? I was wondering if sticking to the outer ring road M50 would be easier if a tad longer? Cheers all!

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If you are travelling during a weekday then I would use the M50 as you will at least keep moving. Have gone through the centre on the M30 twice from North to South, once on a Sunday which was fine and once during the week which was a bit busy. The main thing is to know which road you want to end up on going out of Madrid and keep following the signs for that and you will have no problems.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
It all depends what time of day you pass through Madrid. I usually opt for the M30 and have rarely experienced delays in recent years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back