Routing solar panel cables on Hymer B690 (1 Viewer)

Wanderingmac

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1992
Any suggestions for routing solar panel cables from roof to EBL on Hymer B690? The electro bloc is in external locker on near side under the sink. If I could remove the kitchen drawers I may be able to better check a routing. Can these be removed easily? Any help greatly appreciated.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Wardrobes are good top to bottom routes. Ours has a big cable duct in the back corner ready for such up/down cables.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Assuming it's a double-floored model and the EBL is in a locker that is part of the double floor, my advice would be to choose the least obtrusive route down into the double floor then worry about getting it to the EBL. You will have much more leeway once it is in the floor void.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Absolutely no help whatsoever , but it will help if you are double jointed and have a pet ferret to pull the cables through ! . good luck .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Kitchen draw runners are similar to filing cabinet ones, there is a little latch on the side of the runner once you get the knack they come out easy.
Most of the wiring in Hymer's is in trunking so try to follow an existing wiring route, best to spend 10 hours planning and a couple doing it. You may find a set of the short cable threading rods useful (the end of one of mine is still under the floor somewhere!).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I have fitted 3 lots of solar panels to vans. The routing of wires is the hard bit by far. I came through the roof into the cupboard and down through the cable duct when I did my Hymer van. Its not easy and I was glad when it was done.
Phil

OP
OP
Wanderingmac

Wanderingmac

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1992
Many thanks for all replies and suggestions even the very humorous ones! Can very much appreciate the sentiments behind the humour having tried working on previous vans!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back