Route To Limoges Please (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Guys
Would appreciate any toll free routes to Limoges en route to Dordoyne - departing from Calais early afternoon.

Also any suggested overnight stops en route

Prefer to drive less than 4 hours per day if possible

Thank you

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
After your trip round Norway I don't think you need guidance on route planning :LOL::LOL:

But turn right, down to Rouen, we avoid Rouen by using Pont de L'Arche free aire there as well

Chateaudun has a nice free aire, severe climb up steps to town but nice location next to the Loir, which I now know is different to the Loire

Then head for the N10 free all the way down (y), we found a few nice aires alongside the N10 or within 5 miles (y)

Don't forget the photos, the locations and views at least :D:D

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi Guys
Would appreciate any toll free routes to Limoges en route to Dordoyne - departing from Calais early afternoon.

Thank you

WOT :eek: I thought you were going to Scotland :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
If you do the via Rouen route and keep going to Chartres when you get across country there is a choice southbound of going on the old N20 or the A20 autoroute down towards Orleans. If you take the N20 and stay on it going through Orleans - a beautiful bit of history to stop and visit - and you will come to Vierzon. There you can join the autoroute as it is then toll-free for the 110 miles down to Limoges. And for later use it is still toll-free to just south of Brive.
A lot of that road from Rouen, Dreux, Evereux is now been dualled and there's also cheap supermarket fuel stops to be had as well.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Unless you really want to go via a big city like Orleans, here is my route ...
Rouen - Chartes - Chateadun - Blois - Chatearoux.
You join the free A20 before you hit Chatearoux, then straight down to Limoges.
Been a while since I went down that way but often did a return trip 3 times a year on route to Costa Dorada.
Toll free..
See the resources section and my route to Spain has some stops as far as Chateadun.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Unless you really want to go via a big city like Orleans, here is my route ...
Rouen - Chartes - Chateadun - Blois - Chatearoux.
You join the free A20 before you hit Chatearoux, then straight down to Limoges.
Been a while since I went down that way but often did a return trip 3 times a year on route to Costa Dorada.
Toll free..
See the resources section and my route to Spain has some stops as far as Chateadun.

We were given and followed the above route by Tonka on our first French trip to see family in Limoges .Good route and loads of places to stop ,seeing a bit of France on the way .

Vlad

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi Guys

Thank you

Hi,
Because of back problems, my wife gets very uncomfortable if we drive for much more than about four hours per day so, travelling down from north-west England, we normally get a late afternoon crossing and stop somewhere between Calais and Boulogne for the first night (sometimes it has been the parking at Auchan, St Martin, Boulogne. Never had any problems there with noise after about 10:30 pm.

We do tend to use the péage from Boulogne down to Abbeville (12€) going back to the days when we had the double-axled Burstner and long trailer. The number of roundabouts on the N1 are a bit of a pain and we reckoned that we used up more than 12€ in fuel in having to accelerate away from the roundabouts and traffic lights.

Lunch on day two is usually taken on the aire at Pont de l'Arche before heading towards Evreux, Dreux and Chartres. We then travel until we are ready to stop for the night. St André de l'Eure, Nogent le Roi, Brezolles ( a bit noisy) are some which spring to mind. We have also used Dry, Meung sur Loire and la Chapelle Saint Mesmin (5€ for parking, services and wifi) when we have made reasonable progress and reached south of Orleans. We find that Orleans isn't too difficult to negotiate.

Depending on your progress you may feel line an overnight off the A20 at Bessines sur Gartempe (free including all services) or, if heading towards Perigueux using the N21, there are aires at Pageas (north of Châlus), at the Elan service station just in Châlus, or a brand new aire at the "plan d'eau" situated at l'Espace Hermeline in Bussière Galant.

Further south into the Dordogne you can find aires at la Coquille, Sorges en Perigord and Sarliac sur l'Isle. Also in Perigueux.

If you want further info on any of these aires mentioned please pm me.

J

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Great thread , thanks for posting.
Thanks for the replies, really good for planning the southerly run.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back