Route to Greece (1 Viewer)

Jun 4, 2012
Holbeach st Johns (Spalding)
Funster No
MH
C class Kon-Tiki 645
Exp
9 years. 30 years as a tugger
Hi am thinking of going to Greece in motorhome in May 2019 travelling with a dog. Don't really want to take ferry from Italy. Any Suggestions appreciated. Thanks raypat100

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Check if you can get insurance for Albania. You can probably buy it at the border but what that is worth is anyone's guess. :) There is a bit of Bosnia on the coast which you are unlikely to be insured for but it is possible to get around this using the short ferry from Ploce.

The alternative is via Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.

OP
OP
raypat100
Jun 4, 2012
Funster No
MH
C class Kon-Tiki 645
Exp
What's the best ferry to take. I have seen that 1 ferry company that you can stay in your motorhome bug don't know how much that woulday be. But maybeverytime as an alternative to go by way of Hungary ROMANIA BULGARIA Router we have plenty of time. Thanks for the info

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
The main carriers on the long Italy Greece route that do Camping on board (stay in your van hooked up to ships electrics) are Anek and Superfast.

Minoan operate this route as well but don't do camping on board but do a 'camper special' which includes leccy for the van and a basic cabin for the price of deck passage. You can upgrade to a pet friendly cabin for an extra fee.

All these carriers also have deck kennels but they are a bit grim, I wouldn't be happy using them if I had a dog.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
raypat100
Jun 4, 2012
Funster No
MH
C class Kon-Tiki 645
Exp
Thanks for the info Pete. I will have to make my mind up. Whitch route I will take all by road or Italy Greece ferry. I have been informed there is a situation with blood test for dogs entering Greece from a non E.U. COUNTRIES. ? Regards Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back