Route To Get Fuel In France (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Down South of France St. Tropez area looking at route to get to tunnel next week or so is it possible to border hop to get fuel ie via Luxembourg from here. Any suggestions welcome as long as not rude

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
st Tropez to shuttle would put Luxembourg well off your track and eat up more than the any price benefit in fuel costs.

but you you could do Dijon, Nancy, Metz Lux then Namur, Lille, Dunkirk, shuttle. its a long way round

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks it looks as though we may just chance our arm and go more direct ie Milau way

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
In the Dordogne at the moment no shortages. A bit of a detour but may be worth it, the section if the A20 north of Limoges all services had fuel and not much dearer than off the Autoroute.

Prete

Free Member
Oct 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
sift
Are you intending to store large quantities of fuel, 200 litres, to take all the way to St Tropez?

OP
OP

Deleted User
No capacity for furl storage will just have to wing it,although the Dordogn suggestion sounds OK as it was too hot on way down to stay in that area too long, got time for detours as long as fuels available.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Latest we have is Esso have accepted their offer but the total lot are not so no solution so far

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Down South of France St. Tropez area looking at route to get to tunnel next week or so is it possible to border hop to get fuel ie via Luxembourg from here. Any suggestions welcome as long as not rude
If you haven't been that way go through Italy, Switzerland and Germany. Some amazing scenery to be seen.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'm 45 km east of Lyon and I managed to get some diesel today for 1.81 euro per litre, but machine would only dispense 40 litres.
Carrefour was 1.96 :(
Also passed some garages with long queues
I'm going to try and top up again tomorrow

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
In the Dordogne at the moment no shortages. A bit of a detour but may be worth it, the section if the A20 north of Limoges all services had fuel and not much dearer than off the Autoroute.
I would take this info as not being totally accurate based on our journey north west from Sarlat, as garage after garage was closed a couple of days ago. We managed to buy diesel at an off main road Intermarche in Perigueux.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I would take this info as not being totally accurate based on our journey north west from Sarlat, as garage after garage was closed a couple of days ago. We managed to buy diesel at an off main road Intermarche in Perigueux.
Only going by what I saw but it can vary daily.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks for mall the input,some good suggestions. The boss has decreed we are staying put for now as the weather is ding at present 24deg down to 16 on nights so we will tough it out here,no rush to get back to reality for another week.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We have just come through France From Switzerland, had no problem getting fuel, had to queue a couple of times but now are 100 miles for the tunnel with almost full tank.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back