LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
Hi hopefully we are setting off down to Cadiz around the 18th October my camper contact app doesn’t work any more despite reloading it any suggestions for stop overs in Spain on the way down or another app to use sorry forgot to add will be driving through France crossing in to Spain at San Sebastián/donesta
Duffie

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Re camper contact. I recall that there used to be problems and the way around it was to log out and back in again. Seemed to work when the reload did not. Worth a try.

OP
OP
Twos company

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
Thanks I’ve been in the thread but I’ve given up with it now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I used p4night all through France ,Spain snd Portugal,with plenty of good places to stop,but read the reviews and stop where it suits you.
Cheers Cris.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
We have come that way a couple of times down to Tarifa. We tended to drive fairly hard there not meandering and stops on the route were fairly hard to find initially if you didn’t want to Deviate too far.
we always had a stop between Bordeaux and Biarritz - usually Cap Breton but further north at Sanguinet we liked as well
then we always went south of Burgos
Miranda del Ebro is about the only aire we have not felt safe to stay on but often stop by the river
Torquemada on the A62 is a lovely place -our stop there was marred by howling dogs but you might be luckier and there’s another stop over the road
Duenas is a good one too a bit further down
off the A66 one of our favourite stops is Santa Teresa, especially if you cross the dam!
we had a good stop once off the A630 down by the railway overlooking the river Tajo but that’s more off route
monesterio is useful - a large parking area with services and nice little town
Those are some of the very functional stops we’ve made
Park4night night is what we mainly use

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
The best route for you is down through France on the N10 to Bordeaux then down to Biaritz to cross into Spain then Vittoria Gasteiz, a good free Aire. Burgos, Palencia where there is another good free Aire. Salamanca where you can stop at Camping Regio or again a free Aire just on outskirts, Caceres a free Aire, Monasterio another good free Aire then on down through Seville to Cadiz. That is just some of the places you can stop on that route, it is all good motorway mostly free. All the aires you can look up on Campingcarinfos it is a French site but quite easy to follow or probably any other of the popular sites like Park4night

Coop

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2015
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Highline
Exp
+35 years (Still Learning)
We use a combination of CamperContact, SearchforSites and Park4Night.

CamperContact was our favourite but not impressed with the new version, and it took 6 attempts to successfully update it.

Park4Night is good but we prefer SearchforSites.

Hopefully we'll be headed for Portugal at the same time that you're on the road.

Safe travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back