Route through Germany to Lake Garda (1 Viewer)

susan

Free Member
Nov 5, 2014
west sussex
Funster No
MH
camper van
Exp
since 2013
In May 2015, we are planning to travel from Calais to Lake Garda and would like to go through Belguim, Germany and Austria. We have not driven in this part of Europe before, and would like to stop in Rudesheim am Rhein for a couple of days and at Natterer See campsite near Innsbruck, as we have a dog, we like to travel 150 miles per day as we are retirees and have lots of time to do so. Can anybody advise us of campsites to stop enroute, preferably using the ACSI card? Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thank you

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I've just done a word document for another Funster here, if you give me your email address, I can send it to you. It takes in the trip from Calais to Lake Garda via Belgium, Germany and Austria, with photos of stellplatzs, aires and ACSI campsites.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I've just done a word document for another Funster here, if you give me your email address, I can send it to you. It takes in the trip from Calais to Lake Garda via Belgium, Germany and Austria, with photos of stellplatzs, aires and ACSI campsites.
Hi cliffanger any chance of sending me the same.we are thinking of doing the same next June

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

rebellious 1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Funster No
There is a site very close to Innsbruck called "Camping Hell" haven't stayed there but looks good(google) in an excellent position to overnight or for couple of days,prior to crossing Brenner pass.Then you can choose either Autoroute over Europa bridge or the old Brenner road to reach Lake Garda.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We stopped in Campingplatz Rudesheim. Lovely site, pity the huge swimming pool was full of Rhine mud at the time. The whole site had been under a metre of water not long before we got there in May.

We prefer Sankt Goer / Loreley. Much prettier.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Campsite outside Innsbruck " Nattersee"
Lovely site, good facilities, lake swimming, good walking country from the site.
In ACSI book.
Free regular bus at site gate into / from Innsbruck centre.
Really nice site.
Easy access to M Way for Brenner and straight down to Garda area.

Rbfury

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Funster No
MH
Low profile coach built
Exp
October 2014
Hi Cliffandger

This does seem very cheeky as this is my first post on here. Is it possible to have a copy of your route also. We are spending 3 weeks touring around South Germany from mid May next year and debating which route to take.

Is it best to send a conversation message with my email address?

Thanks, Roger

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Cliffandger

This does seem very cheeky as this is my first post on here. Is it possible to have a copy of your route also. We are spending 3 weeks touring around South Germany from mid May next year and debating which route to take.

Is it best to send a conversation message with my email address?

Thanks, Roger

Certainly is......GHOST take note.

Posting email addresses on open forum is not the best idea.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
we go to Italy/lake garda every year in the summer, either via switzerland or germany/austria. After a week in Alsace headed to Lake constance for a few nights then down to Fussen, and take the non-toll route through Austria via Reutte and Nessereith (Fernpass), and then to Imst, Landeck, Pfunds, and Nauders for the Reschenpass. Then Merano, Bolzano. down west side of Grada (avoid right side of lake - tight tunnels!!!)

Oh! remove your email address..use PM facility!

Goronwy

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Varies
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2008
Hi,
I also would appreciate being e mailed your route and overnight stops.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Hi Cliffhanger,

I would also love a copy of your rout etc. off to Venice May/June

Will PM you email address

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Could you be so kind as to email me with your word document, please.
Thanks.

Solujon

Free Member
Dec 17, 2014
South Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I would be very grateful if you could email me a copy cliffandger as we intend to go to Lake Garda in late June.
It would be much appreciated.

Nov 10, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
If it is still available I would also appreciate a copy of your route.
Many thanks,
Jack

Jun 19, 2014
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi would also like a copy of the route sorry for the late request we have been to Ausberg area in Germany and Rotten burg we are planing the same destination 2015 June .Please send to robpam47@gmail.com thank you.

Drive

Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
Shrewley
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
2 years

Drive

Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
Shrewley
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
2 years
We are planning the same journey, via Belgium through Germany via the Rhine to Munich, into Austria to take in Salzburg and Vienna, through to Northern via Slovenia through to Northern Italy.

Any info on sites, route sites etc would be gratefully received.

Drive

Jun 8, 2013
Taunton
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 years
@cliffandger is there any chance you could send me your document
for the route down through Germany heading down that way for Oktoberfest in Sept
Many thanks
John & Jean

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp

I would like a copy please, but how do I give you my email address, Thankyou

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@cliffandger Could I have a copy please (PM'd you with email)

@Judgemental I noticed you said you go often, would you tell us the draw please? We fancy Italy this year :)

Dec 9, 2013
Derby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi/cliffhanger I am planing a trip this may through Germany to the lakes is it possible to send me a copy of word document,

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@cliffandger Could I have a copy please (PM'd you with email)

@Judgemental I noticed you said you go often, would you tell us the draw please? We fancy Italy this year :)

Where do I start. Weather, the culture, the beauty, the food....oh! the food! The people are lovely....what's not to like, our favourite europen country by a long chalk :)

Stay away from the lakes and site prices resonable, even at the lakes some resonable priced sites around. Motorway tolls resonable, not worth avoiding, fuel slightly more but you do see the odd garage with ques with offers. 120 tank comes in handy!

Have been going for 25 years, this our 11 th on the trot...

If @cliffhanger looks in I would like the route to please as never got one :(

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Why not post it to resources after making it a PDF file or is it the wrong type of resource?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back