Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
On the 21st July we land in Rosslaire, we are thinking of this route: Waterford, Cork, Kinsale, Killarney and Limerick. Is that a good route? I realise that we cannot do it all in 12 days but, are we missing something that we shouldn't ? And does anybody know of any good stopping places, campsites, pub parking or other places to stop at night.

Any other ideas would be welcome.:)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hi your route is ok, we lived in New Ross a few years ago when I was working there and have done this route before. The "Ring of Kerry" as it is called has lots of really nice places to visit.
Our route was, Rosslaire, Cobh (where Titanic called in before its last voyage) right next door is Cork, nice sit just outside near the Blarney Castle, go south to Kinsale (some fantastic sea food eateries there) then Killarney,Tralee,Tarbet (catch the ferry) follow the coast to Quilty, on to Galway back down Limerick, (brilliant shopping here then back across country to catch your ferry.
Total approx. 500 miles but if you like go into some of the lovely seaside paces en route to Tralee,Baltimor and Glengarrif are both nice too.
What ever take it easy of the main road as there is often the old gypsy style caravan/wagon being towed by a single slow moving horse as they are hired out to anybody ! and some of them don't have a clue how to steer them or how to guide their horse !! the horse usually know its route and go and stops where it wants too, great fun though.
Enjoy your trip , it's a wonderful place

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
And go around in the same direction as the tourist coaches - saves meeting them head on on narrow roads. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
For the ring of Kerry we stayed on a site at Glenbeigh overlooking Dingle Bay, nice little village with a couple of pubs etc.
Lay-bys are a problem as most have height barriers and sites are not cheap.
Watch the black stuff they serve up in pubs, it may effect your legs :rolleyes:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
And go around in the same direction as the tourist coaches - saves meeting them head on on narrow roads. :)
I am hoping to get over there later this year, so which way should I go to be going in the same direction as the buses please :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back