Route of Washington Irving - Andalucia (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Our home in Malaga straddles the famous Route of Washington Irving which is, basically, a meandering journey made in 1829 by Irving, beginning in Seville and ending 200km later in beautiful Granada. We have talked for years about visiting some of the locations and now is the time. Our journey will be mainly on the A92 (connecting modern Seville and Granada) but will zig zag both sides of that road to take in some of the famous "white pueblos" en route... will keep you posted of any special, memorable places/stopovers we come across in the next couple of weeks.

For those interested in learning more about this amazing man, follow the link or Google "Washington Irving"

http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/200805/following.washington.irving.htm

Regards, Bryan

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Have only been Almeria to Granada, but have many happy memories of that road. OTOH it joined the Granada road from Malaga, so may be the same route some of the way, I'll have to have a look on the map!

Proper Spain. Love it !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Have only been Almeria to Granada, but have many happy memories of that road. OTOH it joined the Granada road from Malaga, so may be the same route some of the way, I'll have to have a look on the map!

Proper Spain. Love it !

In part that is the reason for the trip. Although we love the various costas. they really are neither truly Spain nor our own glorious Andaluz and we are guilty of being attracted to nearby Fuengirola, Nerja etc, and so we are looking forward to renewing our acquaintance with inland Spain. Cheap wine, great local food/dishes and extraordinary tapas everytwhere. Kicking off tomorrow.

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
I'm very envious - I love Antequera and the surrounding hills.

Hometown !!!

Great city, plenty of culture, bars, restaurants and excellent shopping. Antequera, "City of Arts" with amazing museums, Castle, churches/convents (35 at last count), the ancient burial grounds and much more. Just published today, tourists/visitors to date this year 172,000........ we have been discovered, time to move :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards, bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back