Route advice Toulouse-Bordeaux (1 Viewer)

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
This year, coming back from Spain, we tried a different route.
We came across the Eastern end of the Pyrenees up to Narbonne, then across Carcasone, Toulouse and then headed North up the A20.

As far as Toulouse, it was a great route, especially the pull over the Pyrenees which was FAR easier than the West side pull up, especially for a heavy 5th wheel.
The problems started on the A20 North where we found the hills to be absolute beggers!, to keep up 40 mph I was using higher revs than I really like and it didn't make for a particularly relaxing drive.

QUESTION
I'm wondering what the A62 Toulouse - Bordeaux motorway is like regarding gradients. it's not a motorway I've ever done before. Not really bothered re tolls, if it costs a bit more so be it, I just want to keep the revs down.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Ah, yes we cycle-camped from Bordeaux to Narbonne (well Port La Nouvelle as I had it in my head to cycle coast to coast) via Toulouse ... and my husband then took the train back to Bordeaux to fetch the car and drove back to Narbonne to pick us up. The motorway was pretty flat, pretty well follows the canals we cycled on! Amazing area, I’d do it again tomorrow!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As far as I can remember, there were no mega hills on this route but it is some time since I was there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back