Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
traveling down to Benidorm for the first time looking for the best rout once we are off the shuttle and some good aires on the way down thanks

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We start the same but go through Claremont Ferrand and then down the free N75 motorway. There's no right way, try different ones and get the Aire apps like "Park4Night" and "Camping car infos"
Enjoy. :)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Consider this!
Firstly, routes and route maps for France and Spain. This first link is for an award winning database about France. It’s big and with a host of information on best routes to many location’s. I have selected the famous N10 route from Calais to Irun which is used by many motorhomes when travelling to Spain. It’s almost Toll free (more on that a little later) and almost all duel carriageway from start to finish with the exception of about 100 K. The whole route is great for motorhomes small, medium and large.

https://about-france.com/tourism/no-tolls-routes.htm

Tolls: We avoid the toll road from Calais to Abbeville and save about 12 Euros. The non-toll route is quite scenic and fairly straight forward, between Boulogne-sur-Mer and Abbeville.

At Abbeville, join the A28 and cross the sein at Rouen. We take the second exit immediately after crossing the bridge (about 50 Mts past the first exit at the end of the bridge), swing down and under the bridge you have just crossed and continue on this road and join the A13 motorway until the N154 which takes you down to Evreux (Note: there are a number of different options for getting through Rouen and no doubt other members will have their own preferences. We find this very straight forward on both outward and return legs).

Approaching Tours on the D910, join the A10 toll road at Jct. 19 and exit at Jct. 23. This will take you through the city via the toll road. (about 2.50 euros). At Jct. 23 take the exit lane for Montbazon which returns you to the D910. (Reverse for the return leg). That’s the last toll to pay until you hit the bottom of the A63.

A63 south of Bordeaux please read the route recommendations in the above link. Do not come off the A63 near the bottom as all roads will be heavily congested and it’s worth paying the last few tolls.

If heading to the Med side of Spain, it’s worth taking the N121-A to Pamplona after crossing the Spanish boarder at Irun. It’s clearly sign posted (Large white sign) about 300 Mts after passing through the last tollbooth and crossing the river.

You will find more details in this link for the N121-A and how to navigate Spain toll free.

https://about-spain.net/travel/no-tolls.htm

As for stop overs along this route, should you choose to use it in the future, you can’t go wrong using the App below which is free but I would recommend getting the paid version for about £6.00 which you can then use off line. You will find numerous places to stop along the above route and I have deliberately not made any recommendations so drivers can make their own choices. This app is also brilliant for finding other places too and highly rated by many users.

https://www.campercontact.com/en/content/app

There is another popular app/website that is used which you may also find useful if you’re doing a lot of wilding and looking for free overnight stops. It too is used by many motor homers in Europe.

https://www.park4night.com/

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I try and take a different route whenever I go to somewhere that I have been before simply to see more. No best route!

Dick

Fully agree,,,,travelling to your destination is a part of your holiday,,BUSBY,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back