Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
If you are the owner of a Dethleffs Advantage towing a small boat covered by a blue tarp
With an illegal partially covered rear number plate,
Come on, you're going to have to narrow it down a bit more - that could be anyone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
duane0001

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Rule 185 First part,
When reaching the roundabout you should give priority to traffic approaching from your right, unless directed otherwise by signs, road markings or traffic lights.

The so called "Driver" of the said vehicle was going to fast coming up to the roundabout to stop, I was coming from the right and saw that he could not stop so had to change my speed and lane on the roundabout until I could pull in behind him to exit on the same road as him.

Papa I know you will be very aware of the problem roundabout, its the Carnaby roundabout,
The problem with it is if you are going straight over from the Haisthorpe end, its more a less a straight run so drivers dont slow down for it

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Rule 185 First part,
When reaching the roundabout you should give priority to traffic approaching from your right, unless directed otherwise by signs, road markings or traffic lights.

The so called "Driver" of the said vehicle was going to fast coming up to the roundabout to stop, I was coming from the right and saw that he could not stop so had to change my speed and lane on the roundabout until I could pull in behind him to exit on the same road as him.

Papa I know you will be very aware of the problem roundabout, its the Carnaby roundabout,
The problem with it is if you are going straight over from the Haisthorpe end, its more a less a straight run so drivers dont slow down for it

wheres your sense of fun? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
we dont know who the geezer towing a boat with a tarp over it was do we

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
sorry , a blue tarp.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Rule 185 First part,

yes...i know the one and I'm always cautious whichever approach I'm on.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Reminds me of an incident last year.

Approaching a roundabout in the MH I saw a 'hot hatch' approaching the roundabout at speed to my right.

He was further from the roundabout but traveling too fast.

I had a choice, brake heavily (in a 3500kg van) or keep going, thought 'sod it' and carried on -

He had to brake, leaned on his horn, followed me to the next set of lights, got out of his car and gave me a mouthful of abuse..............quite right some will say

He was annoyed that I hadn't 'given way' - never mind his reckless driving.................

Did I feel bad?..........................sorry..............no

OP
OP
duane0001

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time

Approaching a roundabout in the MH I saw a 'hot hatch' approaching the roundabout at speed to my right.

[HI]I had a choice, brake heavily (in a 3500kg van) or keep going, thought 'sod it' and carried on[/HI] -

He had to brake, leaned on his horn, followed me to the next set of lights, got out of his car and gave me a mouthful of abuse..............quite right some will say

He was annoyed that I hadn't 'given way' - never mind his reckless driving.................

You where both driving reckless, you for not being set up to stop and give way if you had too and him for practically the same thing.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Are you sure it was a MH? ........................

:france::france::france:

Attachments

• Roundabout 2.jpg
    Roundabout 2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 38

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

I had a choice, brake heavily (in a 3500kg van) or keep going, thought 'sod it' and carried on -

At which point i would probably have given him a mouthful of knuckles :RollEyes:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
At the end of the day fellas we all have our moments,If any of you know St Nicholas roundabout in Thanet you will know that people often end up on top of it .Poor rabbits all have to dive for cover.Its normally newcomers that have sat at 70-100 mph for so long and all of a sudden need to slow down but leave it to late.Ive often overshot junctions im not familiar with, it happens.The driver of the motorhome , towing the boat , with the blue tarp :winky::ROFLMAO: probably realised what he had done and went "OOPS" whilst his Mrs was screaming at him.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Strengthens the case for having cameras such as Roadhawks installed.

OP
OP
duane0001

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Strengthens the case for having cameras such as Roadhawks installed.

I am getting one, If I had already had one the video would have been posted here :thumb:
The previous place I worked had them on all the trucks

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
This is your response to a near traffic accident caused by a, what some people call a "fellow motor homer"?

But your skill and foresight allowed you to spot and avoid this incident at a well known blackspot.. Well done..
The IAM would approve
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back