Rouen bypass avoiding low underpasses (2 Viewers)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am completely mystified never had a problem never seen a tunnel /low bridge? :Eeek:just set the tom tom to brezolles and away we go done this at least ten times? :thumb:

It was just the once for us. I think there was a diversion and we couldn't follow the sat nav. We were driving around narrow side streets in Rouen and then saw some sign posts for the main road which we followed. If I recall the right hand lane took you through the tunnel and the left hand lane took you over the top of it. At the point we hit the barrier you couldn't change lanes as the lanes were divided by a concrete wall.:Doh:

We laugh about it now. We were lucky I think it cost about £100 for the new skylight.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Here is the route we use to miss out Rouen. All good roads and no tolls and we have used it many times.
It follows the East side of the river and drops you on the A154 missing out all the industrial sites of Rouen and from there choose your route South.

Link Removed

It's also quicker because you don't get lost. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

An excellent suggestion I have used it many times myself, but very easy to miss the off junction coming down the hill into Roen southbound, follow airport signs, coming north it seems slightly more logical, but well worth trying. David

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We always go Keith's way, and we've been doing that jointly and severally since 1976 !

Didn't have motoways in France then!

It is the way that goes 'past railway sidings' as someone else said - and in fact you used to go across a level crossing along there, where there was an absolutely ancient bar at the side of it, with a brick gable end on which there was a painted Stella Actatwat advert - was GUTTED when they demolished that the other year.

After you go round the RH bend, you come to the island with the moo cows on it and then over that (well, around it lOL) and up a dual carriageway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Here you go chaser

I look forward to receiving your apology for being so bloody rude.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
weve been thru rouen several times yet to find this low bridge
D6015 northeast side of the river I think it's 3 underpasses about 2m high last one heading north is OK at 4m. Satnav always tries to take you down then but you would have to be a right prat to follow it.
Chris knows all about them.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back