Rouen Bridge (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
When we were over in France in the autumn and heading North bound back home the main bridge through Rouen on the A28/A13 was closed because of fire damage. It involved quite a long diversion.

We are off heading South in a couple of weeks and will be going that way. Does anybody know if it is open again please? If not is the diversion still via the A29, A151 and A150 and is it well signposted heading South?

Many thanks for your help

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
On the diversion I think from memory you follow the signs for Evreux.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
On the diversion I think from memory you follow the signs for Evreux.

We came that way 2 weeks ago as first timers and managed to follow the signs for Everaux and get past Rouen during rush hour. ::bigsmile:
Mind you, I had done the detour a few times on Google street view.:Blush:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
yes still closed and no problem river on ya right and carry on to evreux really straight forward

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for all of your help.

The diversion North bound took us miles out of the way via the N338, A150, A151 and A29 before rejoining the A28 near St-Saens, about 30km North of Rouen. Is that the way the South bound diversion takes you? Or does it take you on the A28 and through the tunnel before diverting?

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
We came North through Rouen last year and found the diversion to be easier than the usual route and no longer. Looks like the route you've descibed there takes you miles away from the city. Not sure about going South but if it were me, I'd head through Rouen as though I was on the usaul route, then follow the diversions! :Smile:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We just came through Rouen from the south. Up the A13, turned off at Elbeuf and followed the signs for Rouen
We travelled up the right side of the river so missed the diversions and all the traffic.
Followed the signs for Calais and back on the A28 without even realising.
Following the diversion South is easy enough, just a lot of extra mileage and time.
Allan

Last edited:
OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We just came through Rouen from the south. Up the A13, turned off at Elbeuf and followed the signs for Rouen
We travelled up the right side of the river so missed the diversions and all the traffic.
Followed the signs for Calais and back on the A28 without even realising.
Following the diversion South is easy enough, just a lot of extra mileage and time.
Allan

Looks like you took the D7 and D6015 on the other side of the river from Rouen city centre. That route was not the signposted diversion from what I can remember when I came North, but if there was not much traffic that looks the best way.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
This worked perfectly last year and I think it was ironically quicker than usual!

ROUEN BRIDGE CLOSURE
- alternative routes
DO NOT follow A28 all the way to Rouen. At Junction 11, follow A29 direction Le Havre / Caen "péage". Leave A29 at the next exit, signed A151 Rouen / Dieppe. Now follow toll-free A151 then A150 then N1338 to Rouen.
After crossing the Seine on the "Pont Flaubert", follow signs for A13. You join the Rouen south expressway: just follow it. Keep following signs for A13. Eventually you will have a choice between A13 Paris and A13 Caen. Follow A13 Paris if you are heading south, A13 Caen if you are heading for Brittany or Alençon.
You will join the A13 in the direction of Paris about a kilometer further north than you would otherwise have joined it. After than, you're back on the route.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We came that way 2 weeks ago as first timers and managed to follow the signs for Everaux and get past Rouen during rush hour. ::bigsmile:
[HI]Mind you, I had done the detour a few times on Google street view[/HI].:Blush:
That`s cheating , you have to tough it out real time:thumb: I wonder how many MHF members go through a pre run on the tricky parts::bigsmile:

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
This worked perfectly last year and I think it was ironically quicker than usual!

ROUEN BRIDGE CLOSURE
- alternative routes
DO NOT follow A28 all the way to Rouen. At Junction 11, follow A29 direction Le Havre / Caen "péage". Leave A29 at the next exit, signed A151 Rouen / Dieppe. Now follow toll-free A151 then A150 then N1338 to Rouen.
After crossing the Seine on the "Pont Flaubert", follow signs for A13. You join the Rouen south expressway: just follow it. Keep following signs for A13. Eventually you will have a choice between A13 Paris and A13 Caen. Follow A13 Paris if you are heading south, A13 Caen if you are heading for Brittany or Alençon.
You will join the A13 in the direction of Paris about a kilometer further north than you would otherwise have joined it. After than, you're back on the route.
Thanks. That is the route that I took last year and it did seem to be miles out of the way, hence my question. But if it is the best one that I will take that. Is it the actual signposted diversion south bound (it was coming north) or is there another one?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Looks like you took the D7 and D6015 on the other side of the river from Rouen city centre. That route was not the signposted diversion from what I can remember when I came North, but if there was not much traffic that looks the best way.

Thats the one. There was another UK van behind us so they must have come that way too.

My new Garmin (Dezl 760) took us that way. Very impressed!

Allan

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
This link provides helpful information.
http://about-france.com/routes-from-calais.htm

below is an extract:

ROUEN BRIDGE CLOSURE
- two alternative routes
1. Continue into Rouen as normal: go through the first tunnel, then 2 km later,just before the second tunnel, exit following N15 Vernon / Cergy Pontoise. This takes you through the second tunnel on an exit lane. At roundabout, follow Cergy Pontoise, then, 300 metres later fork right for Evreux & Vernon D6015. Follow the D6015 for about 20 km until Le Vaudreuil, where you take D6154, signed Evreux. Within a kilometre, you then rejoin the A154 motorway.
Not advisable at rush hour as the Vernon / Cergy exit is the last before Pont Mathilde, so is used by all traffic.

2. DO NOT follow A28 all the way to Rouen. At Junction 11, follow A29 direction Le Havre / Caen "péage". Leave A29 at the next exit, signed A151 Rouen / Dieppe. Now follow toll-free A151 then A150 then N1338 to Rouen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back