rouen 3mtrs (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Looks like we are all using the same route (intended or otherwise) to avoid Rouen.

Sad thing is Rouen is a really nice place.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we arrived at a roundabout, height restriction to tunnel on the right and width restriction to the tunnel on the left. I just carried on around the rounabout and back to the peage, toll for that short section was about 1.50euro if I remember correctly, then carried on to Dreux. I had no satnav on that trip just a map and navigator.(ish)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We've never been through Rouen either - always the road through the industrial estate (where I was devastated last year to find out they have knocked down the bar with the Stella Artois sign painted on the eaves - the one on the level crossing - that was there the first time I ever went to France in 1971 !!! How very dare they?) Then the island with the cows on; then the dual carriageway ...

Then, the Tunnel of the Grand Mare ..... then the dive off, and the get in the correct lane - and Bob's yer Uncle. Then the N154 all the way to past Chartres ....

One year on the Trophy, I accidentally sent Pete up that cliff you can see on the LHS when you come off that bit after the big tunnel. We landed up cutting through a housing estate and thence down to the A13. It was quite pleasant - but an 'interesting' route. Don't go there in a motorhome ..... :ROFLMAO:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I wouldn't say that my experience would put me off going via Rouen, I'd just be aware of that particular underpass and go around the island instead. It's no probrem once you are awaare of it.
Wyn

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Getting nervous now, as I planned on going South, and being on my own, and a first timer travelling through France, think i,ll just creep around through Brittany now............Del

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Del your van will go anywhere, so nowt to be nervous about. you could always come to Devon instead, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Getting nervous now, as I planned on going South, and being on my own, and a first timer travelling through France, think i,ll just creep around through Brittany now............Del

As wildman says, there wont be many places you can't travel through, but there is another (a bit more expensive) alternative to Rouen for the novice and nervous, use the Pont de Normandie bridge on the A29.

Just north of Rouen take the A29 to Le Harvre/Deauville/Honfleur then later to Caen. After the bridge you can choose your direction easily and have no other problem other than to be amazed at the Pont de Normandie.

The other advantage is you are close to the very pretty ports of honfleur etc and the Normandy beaches if that's your thing.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
As wildman says, there wont be many places you can't travel through, but there is another (a bit more expensive) alternative to Rouen for the novice and nervous, use the Pont de Normandie bridge on the A29.

Just north of Rouen take the A29 to Le Harvre/Deauville/Honfleur then later to Caen. After the bridge you can choose your direction easily and have no other problem other than to be amazed at the Pont de Normandie.

The other advantage is you are close to the very pretty ports of honfleur etc and the Normandy beaches if that's your thing.

Thank you, looks as this will be route for me :Smile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Here they are..

Google Street View

Have a virtual drive ...

thanks for that, thier on the n15? never been that way.

n28 down hill thought tunne,l n28> bd europe n138, n338 and out past the cows on roundabout and up hill, usually missing exit and end up ging towards paris:Doh:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I use the N15 to miss out the centre of Rouen by taking This road. This tunnel is not low.

One you get to the next junction you will see the signs for Everaux & Vernon Here

Follow the N15 along the river and pick up the N7 S of Rouen and on to the A154 from the end of the A13

See the route HERE

Edit: Looks like someone above beat me to it.

That's the route we took...like you say Keith I thought it was ME!!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you're going south, why go near Rouen at all. I frequently take the free motorways through Belgium, which gets you a long way south quickly and without tolls.:thumb:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
If you're going south, why go near Rouen at all. I frequently take the free motorways through Belgium, which gets you a long way south quickly and without tolls.:thumb:
Nice one, never thought of going via Belgium, and could pick up cheap baccy for the mrs, but this time I am going to le Havre, could come back through Belgium though::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Here they are..

Google Street View

Have a virtual drive ...
We've been through Rouen twice now, and thankfully, I don't remember seeing them. Thanks Jim. :thumb:

nearlyretired said:
If you're going south, why go near Rouen at all. I frequently take the free motorways through Belgium, which gets you a long way south quickly and without tolls.
A bit out of the way if heading for Spain. :Sad:
Some of the Belgian motorways are as rough as hell, and in need of resurfacing.

Regards,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back