Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
I would like to fit a rotating cab seat,can any of you Funsters tell me what is required? Can the existing seat be converted?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
usually . you either buy a kit or make your own .cut all the uprights weld in two plates held in the middle with a good nut and bolt . grease between the two plates and arrange some kind of holder . ie. a lifting pin or a pin put in to lock it while driving .
have seen double passenger seats done like this as well .
ldv convoys work really well.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Buy the swivel plate, few sellers if you do a search..
I did one on my old van, passenger side...

Watch this...
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ace68J3oknM"]Fiat Ducato Seat Swivel - YouTube[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
certainly not rocket science, and if you can use a set of spanners/sockets/torx bits you can fit a standard swivel mechanism,

a problem sometimes encountered is that the addition of a swivel makes the seat height too high for comfort if under 6ft tall and seeing out the windscreen if your 6ft and over. for this reason you can buy shorter seat bases or get a bit taken out of your current one and re weld it

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Marcle Leisure sell them:
Link Removed

There is also an article linked from this sale page detailing how to fit them on a T5. Probably similar principle despite being a different base vehicle. Steve at Marcle is very helpful if you need advice.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I fitted a pair similar to the ones in the photo above to a B Class RV I had.
Easy enough to do but check your seat base first and make sure its a flat/level base.
I didn't and when the seat was swivelled to face the lounge it was sloping forward which made for a strange sitting position, easily remedied with a suitable cushion though.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
A lot depends on the make of cab you have. I fitted mine to a 2006 ducato. Fitting is straight forward as decribed. However depending on the make you may need to make slight modifications to the seat slides as the Ducato is curved at one end - it just needs cutting off. Also be aware of exactly how much room you will gain as the seat may be restricted by the steering wheel. I bought a corse detachable steering wheel and I can now fully rotate the seat a create a much better lounge area.

Well worth doing if you can obtain second hand; New? bit expensive but :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back