Rotary switch 3 in 2 out option (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Whatever it does if it is a two out and three in after the third use it will disappear up it's own backside surely

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Okay.

1 - shore power in
2 - generator in

They can go to all on output 1

3 - inverter - to output 2 ( no Power to battery charger or fridge)

I think you are attacking this from the wrong end. :)

All you need to do is find where the power to the sockets starts so to speak and put a double pole change over switch in at the point. The switch will either take power from the "mains" or the inverter.

In the image below the box with the upside-down triangle is where the 240v coming from the EHU and ELCB is divided up. The white junction boxes are where I've broken into the socket feed. (The bare 12v spade terminal you might see at the bottom isn't normally waving about - I was fiddling with things when I took this. :))

DSC_0138.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
1C8DDBD1-86AA-4EB7-A8B2-66A4B658AD89.jpeg
I think you are attacking this from the wrong end. :)

All you need to do is find where the power to the sockets starts so to speak and put a double pole change over switch in at the point. The switch will either take power from the "mains" or the inverter.

In the image below the box with the upside-down triangle is where the 240v coming from the EHU and ELCB is divided up. The white junction boxes are where I've broken into the socket feed. (The bare 12v spade terminal you might see at the bottom isn't normally waving about - I was fiddling with things when I took this. :))

View attachment 248794

I already have the relay changeover as suggested by @Techno So, when we hook-up, forgetting to switch off the Victron, we have issues. The main one being the surge fuse on the Truma A/C blowing. Arse in the world to change as I have to remove the seat base and seatbelt frame to get to PCB (may have to build an extension to that in for the future).

The Relay changeover worked well with our Merlin Inverter (as did the noisier Contactor from @Clive Mott ) However, with our new Victron, there is not enough delay on the relay. It was the same when I tested a Sterling Inverter.

After speaking with someone abrupt at Sterling, they suggested a Sterling changeover, but they are £300.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
View attachment 248837

I already have the relay changeover as suggested by @Techno So, when we hook-up, forgetting to switch off the Victron, we have issues. The main one being the surge fuse on the Truma A/C blowing. Arse in the world to change as I have to remove the seat base and seatbelt frame to get to PCB (may have to build an extension to that in for the future).

The Relay changeover worked well with our Merlin Inverter (as did the noisier Contactor from @Clive Mott ) However, with our new Victron, there is not enough delay on the relay. It was the same when I tested a Sterling Inverter.

After speaking with someone abrupt at Sterling, they suggested a Sterling changeover, but they are £300.
Delay the relay?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
View attachment 248837

Can't you get around the problems with a set procedure for changing over? Turn off any big loads like the AC, then turn off the inverter. Wait a few seconds then change over to EHU.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Can't you get around the problems with a set procedure for changing over? Turn off any big loads like the AC, then turn off the inverter. Wait a few seconds then change over to EHU.

Yes, until I forget or knock the badly designed switch on the inverter.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back