Rookie hiccups of full- timers (1 Viewer)

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
Nearly 2 months into our lovely travels through France and Spain. Today, after following copilot through a dirt track we got lodged into a stream/ ditch, couldn't move ??, I left my husband to go and search for help ( no idea where we were for rescue services) after several calls into lorry Park ups, a Spanish engineer gave me a lift to somewhere with a fork lift truck and translated for me. They came to the rescue, lifted the van ( tow bar) and we managed to drive out. All appears OK, fingers crossed. Not the first mishap and won't be the last!! Big thumbs up to the brilliant Spanish guys.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
good result, I trust you paid them at least with alcohol if not hard cash

lucky, but well managed escape (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sucoz

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
In answer to both- we were already on a dirt track/unnamed road to get to the aire - we were going a different way out and kept changing because we didn't like where it was taking us but it got worse!! We were only a few hundred metres from the main road as it turns out!
And yes we paid in wine and beer! ( they refused cash)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Sounds a bit like the guy in the BMW who finished up in a river. BMW in RIVER

We never go down dirt tracks with the MH you never know if you are going to be able to turn round or not. We also miss some of the turns the SatNav thinks we should take if they look narrow or grass growing down the middle.

Mind you we did finish up in the Paddy Fields just outside Valencia and it was impossible to turn round.

Paddy Fields.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sucoz

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
On our way to Valencia now Qfour??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
On our way to Valencia now Qfour??

We will not be far behind you. Ferry booked for 2nd September.

As you can see from the picture no room to turn a 7.5m Motorhome so we had to keep going. We meet a couple of cars and they managed to move out of the way. Eventually we went over a small bridge and into a small village. Very narrow streets but we managed. At the end of the main street was an island and the local Restaurant had built out with tables and chairs so there was just enough room for a car. So we went round the roundabout the wrong way. When we eventually found the Wild Camping spot we were looking for it had all been chained off and lots of signage about no parking in the woods or on the roads in the woods.

The trip through the Paddy Fields was a ( Dashboard ) Doris special.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back