Rookie gas question (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Fairly new, since Sept 2016
We have a Cadac barbeque. We run it off those (tiny) gas cylinders. Is it possible to run it off the main red calor gas cylinders? If so what connectors/regulators(?) do we need?

Thanks!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I presume you bought a cadac with a screwfix in the middle underneath that you put the little blue containers onto ?

If so unsure that you can attach a bigger gas cylinder to it, but it might be possible. Best of luck

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
You will need one of these which will run your Cadac of a butane cylinder, then you will need an adapter to convert to propane.

https://www.cadacinternational.com/adapter-set-hp-to-lp/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
There are two types of Cadac, low pressure (LP) and high pressure (HP).

HP has the small portable canisters screw directly to the underside of the burner into the threaded valve under the burner.

LP and you connect the Cadac to a gas supply with a detachable hose. If you have a LP Cadac you can connect that to the BBQ point (gas outlet) on your Motorhome.

For those with a LP Cadac you can get a hose with regulator allowing you to use the HP portable cartridges screwed into the regulator https://cadacuk.com/product/threaded-cartridge-regulator-assembly-en417/

I am not aware that you can get the low pressure of a motorhome BBQ outlet upscaled to work with a HP Cadac. I'd expect the internals of the HP burner wouldn't allow enough gas to flow.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Cadac Safari Chef LP will run on both the van's supply and the little canisters (but does need adaptors). HP will only run on the little canisters.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I posted this post #3 of this thread just in case all of you saying that you can only run a HP Cadac off a screw in canister missed it.

1620381929686.png

OP
OP
JaneyBMotorhomer In Hants
Feb 21, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Fairly new, since Sept 2016
Cadac.jpg

This is what it looks like, it has long legs and the cannisters sit on the ground, the orange pipe being connected to the blue burner bit. It is a Grillogas model number 740-50. I think it only works on the small cannisters though as there are no instructions for connecting the calor gas cylinder.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
View attachment 493878
This is what it looks like, it has long legs and the cannisters sit on the ground, the orange pipe being connected to the blue burner bit. It is a Grillogas model number 740-50. I think it only works on the small cannisters though as there are no instructions for connecting the calor gas cylinder.
It looks like there is a regulator attached to the small canisters but doubt if this would fit the propane bottles that you have in the van. Look at the links that I posted in post #7.

Hamilton Gas will be cheaper than Cadac, they also have a good technical team that you can call and are really helpfull

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back