Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
We have a Fiat Ducato PVC now on which I would like to clean the roof. Can I walk on it? On our RV it was designed to take the weight, even had a ladder up the rear :). I'm only a light weight, 11st, so does anyone have any experience of walking on the roof and did it still look the same afterwards? :D

Thanks for all input.

Mick

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I wouldn’t walk on it, moho roof possibly designed to be walked on, standard van before conversion most likely not.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Only walk on it if u can live with the dents afterwards.
If u really must - use some thick plywood to stand on to spread the load.
Long handled brush off a ladder propped against the side with padding at the contact point is how I do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Use a ladder
Clean one side move ladder to other side repeat job done safely

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes you can walk on it ... I did so when I was fitting our awning, solar panels etc, no distortion etc at all as the corrugations add strength to the roof - it's not like a completely flat MH roof that would need other structural supports. Just be careful up there and wear some trainers rather than shoes as they give you more grip so you're less likely to slide off!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Or you could use something like this:D
jet-pack-david-mayman.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I thought that this was going to be such an exciting thread.

I had visions of someone strapped to the roof of a moving Motorhome like wing walking on an airplane :)
Well if you insist I’m sure I can arrange this for you, did you want Continental or UK(y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I manage with a set of steps. And find the roof of the pvc easier to clean than our previous coachbuilt, which was about a foot wider.

It can become a bit grungy round the back of the large rooflight and difficult to get at properly from outside, but I usually open it and do that small part from inside the van. Making sure it is closed properly again before more water is sprayed about outside... ;)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can't see why you would need to but if you do I'd avoid the flat panel bits and I'd spread the load as metal dents way easier.
Even the aluminium roof on my hymer is easier dented than the grp one was on my Frankia

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back