Free Member
Feb 8, 2013
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 100
Exp
just a year
QUOTE=Dave and Val;748418]We have an Eldis Autoquest 100 on a Peugeot Boxer 2.2 chassis and are quite happy with it. The only problem so far is the the rear roof vent rattles like mad at speeds over 50mph. I have tried packing it and making edge covers out of foam water pipe insulation which made no difference. I can't make it rattle when stationary, inside or outside. Has any Funster any ideas please? I don't want to travel at 48/49mph. I contacted the Camping and Caravaning Club regarding this rattle but as usual got no reply from them. I am begining to think it's a waste of money being in the C&C Club:censored:2

Regards
Dave and Val[/QUOTE]

I want to thank all that helped me with this problem. I purchased one of those Fiamma Spoilers. Used Sikaflex to attach it to the roof. Took van on our locall By-Pass took it upto the maximum of erm' 70mph, no rattle. Now I can hear all the other natural rattles ie, pot,pan etc. Thanks again.:Smile:

Dave and Val

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
QUOTE=Dave and Val;748418]We have an Eldis Autoquest 100 on a Peugeot Boxer 2.2 chassis and are quite happy with it. The only problem so far is the the rear roof vent rattles like mad at speeds over 50mph. I have tried packing it and making edge covers out of foam water pipe insulation which made no difference. I can't make it rattle when stationary, inside or outside. Has any Funster any ideas please? I don't want to travel at 48/49mph. I contacted the Camping and Caravaning Club regarding this rattle but as usual got no reply from them. I am begining to think it's a waste of money being in the C&C Club:censored:2

Regards
Dave and Val

I want to thank all that helped me with this problem. I purchased one of those Fiamma Spoilers. Used Sikaflex to attach it to the roof. Took van on our locall By-Pass took it upto the maximum of erm' 70mph, no rattle. Now I can hear all the other natural rattles ie, pot,pan etc. Thanks again.:Smile:

Dave and Val[/QUOTE]

Sikaflex on the base of the pans could be a solution:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back