roof lockers for a doblo (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I have treated myself to a ready, possibly home, converted doblo, it's the high one with upper windows. i want to put some sort of locker there, but have no idea where to start. All sensible suggestions greatly appreciated. side windows not the panorama one at the front. cargo net will suffice there.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Create a set of templates to fit the curve out of cardboard that can be transferred to ply for the sides, and source some nice doors for the front

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Pity I can't knit some, suppose measuring principle is the same though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highlander1v

Free Member
Jul 12, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
peugeot
Exp
since 1999
After reading your post and seeing your username I was going to offer to help but I have just realised even tho you are Scotzsue you're not in Scotland! sorry! ;)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
doors hinges and stays available from magnums in grimsby lockers are very easy to make if you go to magnums they have some made up to show method of construction
heres a picture of one i made in my last van the front is just a ladder made from 2inch wide strips the base is a square piece of wood and i used a corner moulding to join the two in an L shape fixed to the van wall with plastic blocks top and back i like to rake the bottom down at the back so objects stay in, the lip along the front helps as well
magnuns sell self adhesive edging to give a decent finish all you need is a straight cut to stick it to the edges that go into the corner moulding are hidden so can de left rough

Attachments

• DVLA 002.jpg
    DVLA 002.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
finshed items

Attachments

• DVLA 016.jpg
    DVLA 016.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DVLA 009.jpg
    DVLA 009.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Thanks mitzimad will have a look for similar at O'learys it's only up the road. will be smal lockers too as for the back doors of the doblo above the window. it was good to spend some more time in the van, have now got a few possible solutions. One of the 'you really need one of those' has now been relagated to the big van's garage, might have been a method to his madness
;)
Want to replace the heavy solid bed base with slats, better ventilation and lighter weight too.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
Thanks mitzimad will have a look for similar at O'learys it's only up the road. will be smal lockers too as for the back doors of the doblo above the window. it was good to spend some more time in the van, have now got a few possible solutions. One of the 'you really need one of those' has now been relagated to the big van's garage, might have been a method to his madness
;)
Want to replace the heavy solid bed base with slats, better ventilation and lighter weight too.
not sure of your layout sue but i bought a metal frame slated bed base from ebay second hand and cut it down to fit not whats in the pics but our second refit as we never used the back seat as anything but a bed

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
It is a 'day van' really only front seats and then an L shaped back it's got a compressor fridge and a single burner/sink combo, bed is down one side it's mainly for me on my own but although there is loads of underseat storage there is no front access to it, a major flaw but i didn't realise how much of a pain it would be.
Have had a good look today and have decided to leve the actual bed as it is, but to put doors in the front and a shelf in one cupboard, the other is a nice size for the elsan. cooker is at the back so cupboards above it would be handy. think i will need to get someone to do it for me, John is not happy to tackle it, and, after seeing some of the handywork in the house, that fills my heart with joy. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back