Free Member
Oct 6, 2020
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp 55 1992
Exp
Good morning

We bought a 1992 Hymer camp 55 with very solid but dated inside so we are painting and updating it inside like replacing all lights to led and put USB powerpoints in (it's a bit of work but better then 2 teenagers that running out of charge of their phones lol).
Now most MH are all the standard factory colours so was wondering what people think of painting MH's? Inside or out? Does it get frowned upon?.

I would like to spray the roof lining in the cab,any suggestions of what paint to use please?.
Also want to put 5 Amber marker lights on front of sleeper pod and 5 red ones on the top back.
Anyone done this and how?.

That was it..... For now 😜
Have a good day

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
Hi and welcome to the fun,
have you enquired if you can get cupboards vynl wrapped instead of painting?

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2020
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
Mooveo C6
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good morning Mr Bub, welcome to the group and it's good to see another Wolverhamptonian on board (although I am originally from the great North East of England!!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Paint stars on the roof you will alway feel at one with nature😂

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
2 comments
I personally would run away from a hand painted motor home inside or out offered for future sale.
You will suffer water ingress easily enough without drilling unnecessary holes, I calculate 30 extra holes you are drilling, 15 of them in the front pod known difficult area to keep water tight.
Do you have a particular fear of being struck by low flying airplanes,
Dont do it.

Upvote 0

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
I know this is an old post but .
you can spray paint the inside but you have to use a water based sealer

this is called Plastic primer adhesion promoter before you can use any other spray paints.
it has to be spray applied in a thin coat allowed to dry and then you can use any undercoat and matching top coat

2 k spray paints yield the best results.

do not try to sand down the Plastic primer adhesion promoter it’s ok for most surfaces like plastic ect or something with a plastic coating or vinyl .

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Good morning

We bought a 1992 Hymer camp 55 with very solid but dated inside so we are painting and updating it inside like replacing all lights to led and put USB powerpoints in (it's a bit of work but better then 2 teenagers that running out of charge of their phones lol).
Now most MH are all the standard factory colours so was wondering what people think of painting MH's? Inside or out? Does it get frowned upon?.

I would like to spray the roof lining in the cab,any suggestions of what paint to use please?.
Also want to put 5 Amber marker lights on front of sleeper pod and 5 red ones on the top back.
Anyone done this and how?.

That was it..... For now 😜
Have a good day
Jokon and Hella do 12volt markers as well as white (for the front),amber at the sides ad red rear. amber could be confused with indicators at the front. My van has front and rear markers in white and red made by Jokon has seven LED's each with a long lead. Make sure that you power them from a source not subject to Canbus technology. Why 5? one on each corner seems enough, IMO

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back