pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
has anyone got a tip what to use for the drain off holes on top of the MH to stop the rubbish going down it please

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Pamie, are you sure you've got roof drain holes? I'm not familiar with the Hobby but have never come across these on motorhomes (we had them on the coaches and they could be a pain - an old curtain wire seemed to do the trick though). I'd be suspicious of any holes in the top of a motorhome!

If you're problem is water lying, that's different. Parked level most vans have areas that don't drain properly and, provided all the seals are good, temporarily it shouldn't be a problem. For longer term, such as in storage, I've seen vans up on levelling ramps to give an adequate slope for water to drain off.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
quite sure they are drain off holes there is a small pipe either side under the van where it drains away to its leaves and those pine needles that get in them, thats what i was told they were, maybe i should put a wire down just to check its a hobby 750 2001

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
My Sundance has them, drain holes either side just behind the high top.
I use a drain unblocker wire, available from most hardware stores. Looks like a length of steel coiled wire. I will try to get a link for you. They are usually used for sticking down a domestic u-bend to clear a blockage, but push out pine needles just as well.

OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
My Sundance has them, drain holes either side just behind the high top.
I use a drain unblocker wire, available from most hardware stores. Looks like a length of steel coiled wire. I will try to get a link for you. They are usually used for sticking down a domestic u-bend to clear a blockage, but push out pine needles just as well.
I would have to go up from the bottom with an unblocker wire mine are at the back of the MH, on the roof it looks like what you see in your bathroom sink when you pull the plug out, round metal with holes in it, i have sent for some modeling mesh its very fine that should sort it out up top tape that over it then none can go down

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back