Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Not that I havent done it before, but does anyone have any tips on above. Probably all seen the ad for Baileys with the Volvo estate ploncked on the roof, but never tried crawling about on the roof yet.
It has been washed and cleaned, looking at different products I can spray on to give it a better finish with polishing best as possible but cant get the reach to properly get the centre polished up.
Have long reach microfibre mops and a couple of other bits but does anyone have a better suggestion?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
My Uncle helped with mine and yes a jet wash was used - proved it was watertight. I did suggest to my neighbour that we borrow their small child to walk on it and do the polishing - they didn't seem keen, the child he was game, (aged 6) but his parents not so

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I just get up there and walk on the roof, do take a mobile phone with you, I once knocked the ladder away and was stuck on the roof for an hour. I don't polish it as that would make it dangerous to walk on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Not that I havent done it before, but does anyone have any tips on above. Probably all seen the ad for Baileys with the Volvo estate ploncked on the roof, but never tried crawling about on the roof yet.
It has been washed and cleaned, looking at different products I can spray on to give it a better finish with polishing best as possible but cant get the reach to properly get the centre polished up.
Have long reach microfibre mops and a couple of other bits but does anyone have a better suggestion?
It was a Mondeo they used, I have a Bailey and regularly stand on the roof to clean,just be careful as when wet it's like an ice ring.

OP
OP
Euro330

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Yeah I thought about the neighbours wee kiddiewinky. Unfortunately he is slightly larger than me.!

Hercs74

Free Member
Aug 21, 2019
Essex.
Funster No
MH
Researching
Exp
I’ve been on my roof. Yes you can walk on them, but walking on it don’t get it clean. Get on all fours! Spread your wIt and work methodically back to your point of exit / ladders.....

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I do not have a Bailey but do clean my roof.
Perhaps it is just me but I get very nervous when getting near the edge. All fours is good advice as you are already a little nearer the distant ground.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There aren't many van roofs you can't walk on.
Logic says keep away from the edge and not too close to roof openings and you'll be fine.

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Iv'e posted this before so apologies if you have seen the pic' I just used soapy water and a hose to rinse down afterwards. I have walked on the roofs of all my m'h very carefully without any problems so far, fingers crossed.

1579770950346.png

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
On my Bailey 620, I wear reef shoes which are soft, prevent scratching and are non-slip. Then use soapy water and rinse off.
By the way, I also wear shorts and T shirt. Not just reef shoes!?

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Did ours in Spain four weeks ago.
View attachment 377377

Like the Stonehenge Brewery across the road, I particularly like their Heelstone amber bitter. Got nosey and looked on Google Earth, your lovely clean roof shows up well although probably an old photo. I then looked at Street View and, bugger me, someone has nicked your van!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Yes I think the van in the google earth was our old Exsis I and we were probably in Europe somewhere when street view was done.
You should try Stonehenge Pigswill it’s very nice and they also do a green one called. Sign of Spring and at Christmas a really moorish one called Rudolph?
They sell most beers in bottles and are delivering it locally during Lockdown to keep the business going. Good luck to them???

Reactions: 68c
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Like the Stonehenge Brewery across the road, I particularly like their Heelstone amber bitter. Got nosey and looked on Google Earth, your lovely clean roof shows up well although probably an old photo. I then looked at Street View and, bugger me, someone has nicked your van!
Actually just checked and it is our current van so it’s pretty up to date then?? but the street view is three or four years old as there was a family with a blue Panda at the end of the road who moved out and the car is in the picture.?

Last edited:
Reactions: 68c
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
I know many would be horrified but I take mine to the local car wash staffed by our Eastern European Cousins. They do a grand job of the outside including the roof of my tag axle and all for £20.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know many would be horrified but I take mine to the local car wash staffed by our Eastern European Cousins. They do a grand job of the outside including the roof of my tag axle and all for £20.
Hope you don't let them use a pressure washer on it, those guys get far too close for comfort.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back