Romantic Road Germany (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Hi Folks my very first thread! We are planning a trip to the 'Romantic Road' Germany and any advice would be much appreciated! Mainly. best time to go? LPG availability? Permits or do's and dont's all advice would be welcome.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have spent a lot of time in Bavaria, but camping and cycling many years ago, we hope to take our Hymer back home to Germany next year.

The stellplatze network is superb, there are loads enroute and the facilities that are available are as good as anything you will find in France. The German tourist board is very efficient, one email to them will get you a a ton of brochures and maps etc.

You have probably seen this.. https://www.romantischestrasse.de/?lang=uk

It also gives some campsites along the way Link Removed

Just looking back at that site and i am jealous of your adventure. Have a great trip, :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Folks my very first thread! We are planning a trip to the 'Romantic Road' Germany and any advice would be much appreciated! Mainly. best time to go? LPG availability? Permits or do's and dont's all advice would be welcome.
Hi Bollard,

Jim's advice above is spot on. Of our three trips to Germany, not once did we stay on a camp site due to the Stellplatz network being so big and very efficient, plus the fact that we moved on every day or two.

We did most but not all of the Romantic Road, and it was very pleasant indeed, with old medieval walled towns, which you could walk round using an elevated walkway.

There is also the Fairy Tale Road

And some more scenic routes

It's a great country to visit, and their Weissbier Dunkel is to die for. :thumb:

Have a great time.

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
We are going to Germany next week for an ALLRAD show (exhibition for off road type trucks) From there we are hopefully doing the Romantic Route, because the show is near Wurzburg and that happens to be the start of the route. Thanks for the links Jim and Jock, I am sure Neil will sup some of that beer.

Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back