Romanian surprise...... (1 Viewer)

Aug 2, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo It 724
Exp
Since 2015
For anyone touring in Romania, this is a recommendation for a camping site we happened across, and of course ended up staying longer than we had planned. (It is lovely weather at the moment which I appreciate makes a difference)

Its - Camping Turul - Remetea 8, 417410. Remetea. Ro. Tel +40744296308. www.campingturul.ro
Its on the ACSI app but not in the book. Not open during winter.

The owner and manager is Istavan (Stefan or Steve in English) and a lovely bloke. Very proud of what he has built and rightly so. Its situated in a typical Romanian village which has the benefit a decent little shop.
The facilities, all built by the owner, are small with three of everything, but really well done and they couldn't be cleaner.
The pitches are on grass amongst trees, with electric points and taps. There is a chemical & grey water disposal point. He's also built several little wooden chalet's around the site.
Beware of the local hooch which is sold in recycled water bottles, 50% alcohol made from distilled apples. 10E a litre if you are brave enough.

There are some caves and a waterfall nearby if you feel the need.

We've stopped at some places with 'crap' facilities, and we entered eastern Europe with low expectations, but this little place is a big surprise in this poor region. He's not always on site when you drive in, but he'll soon appear to give you as much help as you need or want. No problem at all recommending this site.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Romania is a country I'd like to visit.

Sorry for not responding originally. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Romania is a country I'd like to visit.

Sorry for not responding originally. :)
Just caught up with this one and would recommend a visit. I would think it would suit you nicely. Plenty of castles, scenery. Mountains, nice towns and villages, churches etc. Farming in the old fashioned way with horse drawn hay carts and all cut with a sythe. Old ladies walking cows up grass verges and chickens and Geese running all over the roads. Some nice sites to stay at with really friendly owners. The roads are not the best unless they have improved them since our visit 8 years ago.
Places to be careful as very busy and not easy driving is the capital Bucharest, worth a visit but we had to hire a taxi to lead us out onto the Constantin road. All good fun. If you like bird watching and seeing some unusual, to us, birds head to the Danube Delta. Just go and enjoy. Another thing we went May & June and still snow blocks and skiing in mountain areas.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back