Rollerteam / CI overcab bed slatted base (1 Viewer)

rutteger

Free Member
Feb 4, 2016
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Have an '12 CI Carioca 707 (identical to the rollerteam 707 afaik - the CI forum is even slower than here so will try this forum first) with the overcab bed on a slatted base.

Can someone else who has a similar model Rollerteam or CI advise how far under the mattress the slatted base extends? On ours we have a shaped mattress - folds to allow the overcab bed to raise then tapers towards the front of the vehicle. The slatted base is in two sections underneath and stretches 2/3 of the way across. Not sure if this is intended or if there is a third slatted section missing. Seems there might possibly be given the matress is not flat, being an obvious dip at the end of the slats. Google hasn't helped.

Be useful if someone with a similar model could advise! Failing this will have to take a look at similar in a dealership.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ours extends all the way from end to end to about 6 inches from either wall. A photo would be useful to see if it the same style as ours ( 13 plate 707 ). However we need to sort something out underneath the half that extends into the over as we get terrible condensation even with windows open. Apparently the marine industry offers some good solutions with regards to under mattress ventilation.

OP
OP
R

rutteger

Free Member
Feb 4, 2016
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Thanks for the info, does sound like there maybe a part missing. Will sort a photo later on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rutteger

Free Member
Feb 4, 2016
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
IMG_2630.JPG
So, here you go.

It does look like there should be a third section of slatted base to fill the gap between the existing slats and front of the luton. Can see no evidence of there ever having been anything fitted there...

Assume mattress fold should line up with hinge to bed?

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Nothing in the front of our Luton, only the first section which folds up, which is why we get condensation. I didn't make that very clear in my first post....sorry. I guess it would make folding a bit tricky if the whole section was slatted. Ours isn't a tapered mattress. Not a great design as we have to lift the mattress in the daytime when it has been very cold outside. That said I don't notice any difference in the height of the mattress from the slatted to non slatted section. Will be looking at some solutions for condensation this week.

OP
OP
R

rutteger

Free Member
Feb 4, 2016
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Cheers for the info. To be clear the base on your rollerteam is the same as that on ours?
Sounds like we might have the wrong mattress. It was originally a hire vehicle so not 100% unlikely. Assume your mattress is split to allow the overcab to fold up?
If you get any ideas on condensation let me know.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ours is a Ducato base. The mattress folds like yours. We fold it and lean it to allow it out air in the daytime. Boats suffer too so I will investigate some solutions.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Shipshape bedding.co.uk have a solution..not hugely expensive compared to some I have seen in the past and marinebedding.co.uk

OP
OP
R

rutteger

Free Member
Feb 4, 2016
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
After a few nights away and a bit of thought decided to replace the tapered mattress and slat out the bulk of the overcab. The replacement foam mattress (from Amazon) sits on the base well. Hoping it's comfortable and avoids condensation.

image.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back