Roller Team reversing camera (1 Viewer)

Silver1200

Free Member
Aug 21, 2018
Funster No
Hi guys, I have a 2018 Roller Team T-Line 590 motorhome which has the factory fitted reversing camera
which seems to be a 7" TFT LCD model which clips onto the rear view mirror.
It works fine as a reversing camera but I would like to add a rear view camera so I can have a
view of the road behind when travelling.
My question is as the head unit has 2 video channels V1/V2 selectable from the touch screen,
can I assume the cable which disappears up behind the interior lamp would be wired for both channels ?
Does anyone know where this cable would be routed thro the vehicle to get to the camera and
is it lightly that it would carry a feed for both channels right to the rear ?
I am hoping I can just purchase another camera to mount on the back to use as a rear view one
and use the existing wiring for power and video feed to my existing head unit.
The motorhome didn't come with much info on the camera system just a slip of paper
with tells me its a Pillow TFT LCD Colour Monitor 7" 2 way video input 12v/24v DC
Thanks all in advance Mike..

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Silver1200, I'd suggest having a chat with your Rollerteam dealer as the new A Class Pegaso 590, which is essentially the same van, has what you're looking for fitted as standard albeit with a separate screen built into the dashboard to the rightside of the driver.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver1200

Silver1200

Free Member
Aug 21, 2018
Funster No
Thanks Jonno that sounds promising will have a word with them ! Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You can do it with one wire you just use a relay operated by the reverse light. With the vehicle in reverse the relay is switched and powers the reverse camera. With the vehicle in forward the relay drops out and powers the other camera, There is a Swift Bolero wandering round with it fitted. The reason behind the mod was the crap wiring fitted by Swift. The rearview twin camera was never very good and when I started digging I realised what the problem was. Both cameras were powered and they used a switch at the front to select one or the other. With both cameras powered and transmitting info down a crap cable you got crosstalk between the two channels. Disconnecting the switch box at the front and then switching the cameras on when required solved the problem. Two cameras connected to the same line was no problem as they were never on together.

Mind you the last two MH's we have had I just use the mirrors. Far better and you are not trying to see whats on a small screen.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver1200

Silver1200

Free Member
Aug 21, 2018
Funster No
Thanks QFour, that's a good idea didn't think about that ! Looks like I can get away with just buying another camera for my rear view and keep my existing one for reversing feed. Cheers Mike.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I know the screen you mean, the lead you see dissapearing into the plastic has sockets on the end but only v1 used. you will need to run another video cable anyway and you can buy them with a power wire attached for not much more

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I know the screen you mean, the lead you see dissapearing into the plastic has sockets on the end but only v1 used. you will need to run another video cable anyway and you can buy them with a power wire attached for not much more

Upvote 0

Enigma33

Free Member
Sep 4, 2019
Saline, Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
I also have 2018 t line 590. It has the screen fitted over the rear view mirror and is always on. It's useless as a rear view mirror as I only get a view of about 10 feet behind.. I didn't get a manual for the radio/satnav but when I downloaded one, it also seems to function as a rear view camera receiver. If the wiring is in place, would it be a simple case of wiring the reversing camera to it. Then fit an additional camera with a more appropriate view for the current mirror mounted reversing camera? It wouldn't detract from the other radio/satnav functions if it only activated when reverse was selected. Or would it be far too complicated?

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I also have 2018 t line 590. It has the screen fitted over the rear view mirror and is always on. It's useless as a rear view mirror as I only get a view of about 10 feet behind.. I didn't get a manual for the radio/satnav but when I downloaded one, it also seems to function as a rear view camera receiver. If the wiring is in place, would it be a simple case of wiring the reversing camera to it. Then fit an additional camera with a more appropriate view for the current mirror mounted reversing camera? It wouldn't detract from the other radio/satnav functions if it only activated when reverse was selected. Or would it be far too complicated?
it should be possible but may well require adaptors for the video plug as they are totally different. or cut the wire and solder on a new plug in the correct format. the multiplug used on most mirror mounted displays makes changing things tricky

Upvote 0

goodwinexplor

Free Member
May 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
autoroller 696
Hi guys, I have a 2018 Roller Team T-Line 590 motorhome which has the factory fitted reversing camera
which seems to be a 7" TFT LCD model which clips onto the rear view mirror.
It works fine as a reversing camera but I would like to add a rear view camera so I can have a
view of the road behind when travelling.
My question is as the head unit has 2 video channels V1/V2 selectable from the touch screen,
can I assume the cable which disappears up behind the interior lamp would be wired for both channels ?
Does anyone know where this cable would be routed thro the vehicle to get to the camera and
is it lightly that it would carry a feed for both channels right to the rear ?
I am hoping I can just purchase another camera to mount on the back to use as a rear view one
and use the existing wiring for power and video feed to my existing head unit.
The motorhome didn't come with much info on the camera system just a slip of paper
with tells me its a Pillow TFT LCD Colour Monitor 7" 2 way video input 12v/24v DC
Thanks all in advance Mike..

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I be just changed the original to a 2 camera system
Firstly, couldn't follow the wires but that didn't cause an issue.
You have to run a second wire then 2 types of connecters which I can't show you which ones til I have the lappy working.
Bought 2 of the same camera and also purchased the mould specific for a rollerteam.
V1 and V2 work and does what I wanted for £55 all in.
Tag me on Sunday and I LL bung links up for all 4 items required

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Amazon product ASIN B013G6P6SU
2 of these
Amazon product ASIN B01CSB9VDA
Amazon product ASIN B00AYZEIS6
And one of these which does actually finish it off well on the roller team and houses both cameras. (presuming that the mould fits all rollerteams)

Upvote 0

Essel

Free Member
Apr 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Roller TEam T740
I be just changed the original to a 2 camera system
Firstly, couldn't follow the wires but that didn't cause an issue.
You have to run a second wire then 2 types of connecters which I can't show you which ones til I have the lappy working.
Bought 2 of the same camera and also purchased the mould specific for a rollerteam.
V1 and V2 work and does what I wanted for £55 all in.
Tag me on Sunday and I LL bung links up for all 4 items required
Are you aware of any instructions on how to route the 2nd cable. I've just fitted a double camera mount to the back of my 2019 Roller Team T740 and replaced the original reversing camera. As this now works well, I want to buy a second camera but will need to run an extra cable but not sure how to. Any help appreciated.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Are you aware of any instructions on how to route the 2nd cable. I've just fitted a double camera mount to the back of my 2019 Roller Team T740 and replaced the original reversing camera. As this now works well, I want to buy a second camera but will need to run an extra cable but not sure how to. Any help appreciated.
Mine was routed in a different direction to the original on a 690. It went near side high through cupboards into the run of wires going back to front

Upvote 0

Essel

Free Member
Apr 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Roller TEam T740
OK thanks. I might need to remove some of the lining inside the cupboard above the bed to get an idea of where the existing wires are running. I did read somewhere that someone had used the existing audio cable as a second video cable but I'll need to do more research on that.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back