RebeccaKristy

Free Member
Jan 27, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi peeps. I am about to buy my first motorhome and I am hoping for it to be a Roller Team 746 2013. Bought by the current owners in May 2013. It has the lux pack fitted and an extra alarm. Does anyone have any comments on this van? It is a private sale. The van has a 10 year water ingress warranty, but does anyone know what this actually covers, is it good? It is a private sale, so is there anything I should be checking first? Secondly how do I actually give the money over to the owner. Obviously can't carry cash around!!
Sorry if these are basic questions, I have never done anything like this before. Alway get my cars off family etc....

OP
OP
RebeccaKristy

RebeccaKristy

Free Member
Jan 27, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Yeah it is in storage at the moment. I was sure it had 2*6kg in it at the moment, But my husband is convinced that this isn't so. I will go and have a check, just worried that if it is 6kg, then one refillable canister will not be enough, and we will have to find another 200 quid! Also I have no idea how to get gas to my cadac bbq, do you have to take another cylinder for this, then what happens? Must be the same when you run out to find a replacement in Europe. Finding all this gas stuff a real headache, as I have no experience with any of it!

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
A single 6kg isn't much but it really depends on your useage. Remember you would have no reserve if it runs out without you realising. If you can fit two bottles in the locker an option is to fit one refillable now and carry one of your old Calor ones as an emergency spare. You can always add a second refillable and changeover later when funds allow.

For your Cadac, while you are fitting the Gasit would be an ideal time to fit an external BBQ point. If you are planning on doing the work yourself the cost of this is pretty minimal. Have a look at this thread:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...ar-bodied-rapido-a-class.106754/#post-1392013

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Being a nosey bugger I find myself googling all of the different makes and models that people post on here, it looks a lovely van, as you say plenty of room, hope you enjoy it, don't worry too much, I bought a Swift recently, then joined here only to see posts about leaky Swifts! Whatever you buy has an element of risk but you're being sensible by getting it checked, good luck with it, hope you and the family enjoy your travels (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RebeccaKristy

RebeccaKristy

Free Member
Jan 27, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I have a friend who is a corgy plumber. He is going to help with fitting the gas it so maybe an external gas point might be a good idea. It was one of my most wanted accessories when I bought the van, but worried it might invalidate my 10 year warranty. I rang a few places and they quoted hundreds for it!

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I have a friend who is a corgy plumber. He is going to help with fitting the gas it so maybe an external gas point might be a good idea. It was one of my most wanted accessories when I bought the van, but worried it might invalidate my 10 year warranty. I rang a few places and they quoted hundreds for it!

You should be able to get the bits for less than £40 depending on which one you go for and if it's a proper gas fitter doing the work, less than an hour.

You ideally need an external filler point for the Gasit as well. There are a lot of reports of garages in Europe not letting you fill up if the point is in the locker.

Fit both points in the plastic skirt around the bottom and you aren't doing anything to affect the warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Hi RebeccaKristy,

You sound very enthusiastic about the van, don't get too carried away though!

Rollerteam do a 10 year 'EPS' (Extreme Protection System) warranty which covers all sorts - including water ingress. Not much info on the actual T's&C's, but I guess it does what it says on the tin? Providing you don't drill holes all over it and any modifications are 'approved', they guarantee it against water ingress for 10 years. Someone on here may own one and a post will fill you in or, the seller should have some document laying out the terms.

If you want, you can download a 2013 brochure from www.rollerteammotorhomes.co.uk

Not much info on the actual warranty in the brochure, but use that site to find a local dealer, then phone them to ask.

My biggest question would be, WHY are they selling a van that's relatively new. Are they fed up with it? Has it had a knock? Did the lifestyle not suit them? Can't they afford it? What!

You say it's a private sale, so what are the people like who are selling? Do they seem genuine? As you're not sure about the buying 'game', you need to know that there are lots of scams around that will rob you of your money pronto! SO, beware of anything that is ridiculously priced, being sold by a soldier who needs quick money but he's fighting overseas, or anyone that wants to deliver the van to you after you pay up etc etc.

Certainly, I would do all of the usual checks, HPI etc.

Have you seen the van? Do NOT part with any money until all of these checks and a viewing is done. If you get as far as a viewing and test drive, check that the V5 (log book that was) is in order and everything tallies.

I know that this is very infuriating and you are dying to get your hands on it and hit the road BUT, any genuine seller will expect these questions and checks.

Money wise, if all is ok, then leave a holding deposit and arrange further payment with the seller - probably by bank electronic transfer. No; don't walk around with cash in a plastic bag!

Lovely good value van overall. Good luck, let us know how you get on and if unsure, just ask on here.

Regards
James
I'm with james on this one , spend as much time vetting the seller as the van, and do both at length!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back