Roller team 707 advice (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
After lots of help I received to a previous question regarding layouts I've started to narrow down my motorhome search.
The Roller team 707 is one I'm leaning towards, main pluses are the fixed beds at the rear as well as the drop down bed, ( must be fixed bed) the other huge positive is the size of the lounge/dinette at the front which provides plenty of space to relax.

The model we have viewed is 2018, I know there have been some issues with these having water ingress into the garage area, was this on older models or is this still likely to be a problem?

Also are there any other similar motorhomes with fixed beds that provide a similar spacious dinette area, I've not seen any others with the same seating or similar layout.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
After lots of help I received to a previous question regarding layouts I've started to narrow down my motorhome search.
The Roller team 707 is one I'm leaning towards, main pluses are the fixed beds at the rear as well as the drop down bed, ( must be fixed bed) the other huge positive is the size of the lounge/dinette at the front which provides plenty of space to relax.

The model we have viewed is 2018, I know there have been some issues with these having water ingress into the garage area, was this on older models or is this still likely to be a problem?

Also are there any other similar motorhomes with fixed beds that provide a similar spacious dinette area, I've not seen any others with the same seating or similar layout.
The garage door issue was a particular batch of poorly fabricated seals, this has well and truly been rectified.

Do you need a 4 or 6 berth? I'm asking due to payload as even a new one up plated to 3650kg will only give you 590kg.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Aug 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
The garage door issue was a particular batch of poorly fabricated seals, this has well and truly been rectified.

Do you need a 4 or 6 berth? I'm asking due to payload as even a new one up plated to 3650kg will only give you 590kg.
Good to hear the issue with water ingress has been rectified, what year from would you say this isn't a problem. I've seen two 707 vans for sale 2016 and 2018.

It's the space I want and the 2 separate beds as we generally go to be at different times, and occasionally we will have to grandchildren but usually just the two of us.

I have got a C1 license so can go over 3500kg, not sure how the upscaling works though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
The Rollerteam 707 was one that we considered along with Swift 695 for a while but ended up with Mclouis fusion 360. Love it. Most of the time itā€™s just two of us but we have been away on a weekend with my mum and grand daughter who both shared the transverse bed whilst we used the drop down bed. We opted for the 3650kg and are considering upping again but want to use the van for up to a year first before going to that expense just to make sure there are no major issues with the van. The only thing we want to change is the table which is far too big

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Aug 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
The Rollerteam 707 was one that we considered along with Swift 695 for a while but ended up with Mclouis fusion 360. Love it. Most of the time itā€™s just two of us but we have been away on a weekend with my mum and grand daughter who both shared the transverse bed whilst we used the drop down bed. We opted for the 3650kg and are considering upping again but want to use the van for up to a year first before going to that expense just to make sure there are no major issues with the van. The only thing we want to change is the table which is far too big
Thanks for the reply. Would you mind sharing what it was that swayed you to the Mclouis over the roller team in particular? What did you feel it had that gave it an advantage for your requirements.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
i had niggling doubts about the length for parking at home. The Mclouis same length as our previous van but gives us the large garage and fixed bed. Plus shower cubicle instead of wet room so all improvements from what we had before. 5 seatbelts, one being backward facing though which is fine if you donā€™t suffer travel sickness lol. I rediscovered my childhood travel sickness having a shot of travelling backwards in the last van šŸ¤®
We have already done over 4500 miles since we picked it up near end of June so well used

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Good to hear the issue with water ingress has been rectified, what year from would you say this isn't a problem. I've seen two 707 vans for sale 2016 and 2018.

It's the space I want and the 2 separate beds as we generally go to be at different times, and occasionally we will have to grandchildren but usually just the two of us.

I have got a C1 license so can go over 3500kg, not sure how the upscaling works though
I'd say up to 2015 for the seal. I'd also recommend looking at Mclouis they are very well built have a 300kg garage and a decent shower, payloads again are what you'd expect in a 3500/3650kg motorhome... however if you want a traditional British cooking experience you'll be disappointed and the lounge area might not be what you're after.

The biggest obstacle with Mclouis is that you won't find one preloved as they've only been back in the U.K. since around 2019.

Now that you've explained your needs in a little more depth, I think the 2018 707 should be seriously considered... the 2016 may have been built in 2015 and may well have the rear garage seal issue if it hasn't been sorted already.

Up plating is a simple paperwork process, there are many, many forum members and threads on the site to steer you in the right direction, although one you look at may already have the larger capacity.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
our Mclouis has combined oven & grill with 3 hob burner. There isnā€™t much worktop area but we have installed a shelf over the kitchen area to provide somewhere to put plates for dishing out food etc. Plus it can hold a small microwave but have to move it in transit. We have put in a folding shelf just inside the small door leading into the garage from inside where we can sit the microwave to use and it sits nicely there in transit as well. The hab door is on UK side but some of them come with the hab door on the European side, particularly the ones that first came out in 2019.

The RT707 and SW695 both have bigger living areas compared to the 360, sleeps & travels 6. Far more 707s for sale as well so you might get one at a good price. It will all depend what your needs & preferences are.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Aug 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
our Mclouis has combined oven & grill with 3 hob burner. There isnā€™t much worktop area but we have installed a shelf over the kitchen area to provide somewhere to put plates for dishing out food etc. Plus it can hold a small microwave but have to move it in transit. We have put in a folding shelf just inside the small door leading into the garage from inside where we can sit the microwave to use and it sits nicely there in transit as well. The hab door is on UK side but some of them come with the hab door on the European side, particularly the ones that first came out in 2019.

The RT707 and SW695 both have bigger living areas compared to the 360, sleeps & travels 6. Far more 707s for sale as well so you might get one at a good price. It will all depend what your needs & preferences are.
Just had a look at theMclouis range, the 360 is the only one with a decent size seating area comparable to the roller 707 (not quite as big) but not sure my wife would fancy climbing up onto the rear bed. The 379 hasn't got a large enough seating area, shame as the island bed would be ideal and they do look lovely vans.
A good sized seating layout is important for us, somewhere we can put our feet up to relax.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Aug 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
I'd say up to 2015 for the seal. I'd also recommend looking at Mclouis they are very well built have a 300kg garage and a decent shower, payloads again are what you'd expect in a 3500/3650kg motorhome... however if you want a traditional British cooking experience you'll be disappointed and the lounge area might not be what you're after.

The biggest obstacle with Mclouis is that you won't find one preloved as they've only been back in the U.K. since around 2019.

Now that you've explained your needs in a little more depth, I think the 2018 707 should be seriously considered... the 2016 may have been built in 2015 and may well have the rear garage seal issue if it hasn't been sorted already.

Up plating is a simple paperwork process, there are many, many forum members and threads on the site to steer you in the right direction, although one you look at may already have the larger capacity.
The McLouis look very nice, as mentioned above the 360 would be the nearest to the 707 in terms of seating area, but the climb up to the rear bed might not be ideal, I probably need to view one in person to see properly.

The 2016 707 is Ā£5000 cheaper than the 2018 and with a few extras added but is private sale with the newer one from a dealer, but not sure I'd want to take a risk if it could possibly have the seal issue.

II new when I begun the process of finding the right van for us it wasn't going to be easy šŸ¤£

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Have you considered the Benimar Tessoro 413? Rear bunks, drop down bed, microwave, very large fridge/freezer, good lounge seating, class leading cab with useful extras such as a heated windscreen and the very solid and powerful 170ps engine and similar to the 707 you can fold up the lower rear bunk to give a lot of storage. 2018's are around the 50k mark.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Have you considered the Benimar Tessoro 413? Rear bunks, drop down bed, microwave, very large fridge/freezer, good lounge seating, class leading cab with useful extras such as a heated windscreen and the very solid and powerful 170ps engine and similar to the 707 you can fold up the lower rear bunk to give a lot of storage. 2018's are around the 50k mark.
Yup, Benimar is another nice one. If you have access to YouTube, there are a number of reviews on each of the vans.
By the way, my mum is 82 and managed the climb up into the rear bed lol, though I warned her not to budge until morning šŸ˜‚

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back