Roll up, roll up ... it's switching time again ... not the MH silly! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay pop-pickers ... it's bank switching time again! Halifax did a switch reward but unfortunately they've closed it early so it's not available now however there's another one for anybody who want to 'earn' £100.

Lloyds are giving £100 to those who switch a current account from another bank (even those in the same group) to one of their eligible accounts, whether they are a new or existing customer.

This means for the first time ever we qualify for a switch reward from them! As they normally only give it to new customers we've not been able to take advantage before as our main account is with them and has been for 30+ years but now even existing Lloyds customers can get a switch reward ... yoooohoooooo!

If you already have a Lloyds Classic account you need to upgrade it to a Club account before doing the switch.​
If you already have a Lloyds Club account you can just switch straight into it.​
If you open a new account ensure it is one of the qualifying ones (see below).​
One thing that is interesting is that if you open or already have a joint Lloyds Club account but the one you want to switch to it is a single account you can still do it.

More info:

To qualify for the £100 switching offer you must use the Current Account Switching Service to transfer and close your existing current account held elsewhere. You’ll need to transfer to one of the following accounts:
  • Club Lloyds Account (No fee or £3 monthly maintaining the account fee*)
  • Club Lloyds Platinum Account (£21 + no fee or £3 monthly maintaining the account fee*)
*The £3 maintaining the account fee is waived each month you pay in at least £1,500.
The offer is available to customers switching an account held elsewhere to an existing qualifying account. You can also upgrade any other existing Lloyds Bank account to one of the qualifying accounts and complete your switch at the end of the application.
You won't qualify for the offer if:
  • You are switching to any other Lloyds Bank current account that isn’t named above.
  • You've received cashback for switching to us since April 2018, we're sorry but you won't get it again.
  • You start your switch after the 9th November 2020.
For full details please go to the Lloyds website to ensure you're happy with it:

For those who want to make comments about this not being 'motorhome related' please don't bother ... if I put this in the 'U-shaped lounge' a lot of funsters won't see it! :giggle:

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Have you any advice on Broadband switching please Minxy Girl ?, our B.T. rip off / theft is up for renewal & we HAVE to find a better deal, over to you consumer superhero . . . :giggle: (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
£100 is a lot to me but I can't put £1,500 per month in... Don't get anywhere near that much. :(
You don't need to ... you do 'ping-pongs' ... just set-up a standing order to send it automatically from another (non-Lloyds) bank account into Lloyds, then another from Lloyds to the original account, if you don't have £1500 in one go do £750 twice etc ... been doing this for years. :giggle:

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Maybe I'm too well off but for£100 it doesn't seem worth it.
Santander, for example. are quite happy to open a second current account for you even if you tell them you are just using it to get a bonus from another bank.
£100 is a lot to me but I can't put £1,500 per month in... Don't get anywhere near that much. :(
Transfer £100 pound in then £100 out on 15 days using the same money.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Maybe I'm too well off but for£100 it doesn't seem worth it.
Up to you my sweet ... we have a couple of accounts we were going to close anyway but hadn't done so yet as we have to actually go in to see them to do it which is difficult at present so switching them will close them anyway and as a bonus we'll get £100 each for doing so. In the future we can close the Lloyds accounts without having to go see them too.

Oh forgot to say, you get rewards with Lloyds accounts too - eg a 12 month magazine subscription, 12 cinema tickets, etc - you can choose which you prefer and also if you have 2 DDs paid out each month you also qualify for interest on your account balance.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
You don't need to ... you do 'ping-pongs' ... just set-up a standing order to send it automatically from another (non-Lloyds) bank account into Lloyds, then another from Lloyds to the original account, if you don't have £1500 in one go do £750 twice etc ... been doing this for years. :giggle:
Had been transferring £763 into and £750 out of my Nationwide every month on the 1st day of the month for years without incident. Changed to the 14th of the month and Natio reckoned the money was not through and held the transfer until the afternoon (along with a warning). Strange indeed. Then discovered I only needed to transfer the £13. :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Santander, for example. are quite happy to open a second current account for you even if you tell them you are just using it to get a bonus from another bank.

Transfer £100 pound in then £100 out on 15 days using the same money.
Setting up 15 standing orders would be a pain not only to do but keep track of! Even I would draw the line at that!!! :LOL:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Had been transferring £763 into and £750 out of my Nationwide every month on the 1st day of the month for years without incident. Changed to the 14th of the month and Natio reckoned the money was not through and held the transfer until the afternoon (along with a warning). Strange indeed. Then discovered I only needed to transfer the £13. :)
We always play safe and set the in-going date the day before it comes back out again.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We always play safe and set the in-going date the day before it comes back out again.
Why would it make a difference depending on the day of the month. Still don't understand why.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Have you any advice on Broadband switching please Minxy Girl ?, our B.T. rip off / theft is up for renewal & we HAVE to find a better deal, over to you consumer superhero . . . :giggle: (y)
Sorry don't 'do' BT ... we're in the "no-man's land" of Kingston Communications so can't have it here which is one of the reasons we only have mobile phones and data, no landlines/fibre of any sort at all.

We're currently on Vodaphone with 100gb data each per month, unlimited calls & texts, 2 year contract costing £20 pcm reduced to £8 with cashback! :giggle: We got it through www.fonehouse.co.uk although Broken Link Removed also do good offers.

Go on ... go totally mobile ... I dare you! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Why would it make a difference depending on the day of the month. Still don't understand why.

We don't usually keep a lot in the second account if it doesn't pay interest, just a few quid, so we always pay it in from the initial account with the funds in first - this ensures that the second one (with hardly anything in) doesn't try to do the transfer earlier in the day before the initial funds have been paid in and thus fail due to lack of funds - if it did it 'could' cause havoc/charges etc ...

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We don't usually keep a lot in the second account if it doesn't pay interest, just a few quid, so we always pay it in from the initial account with the funds in first - this ensures that the second one (with hardly anything in) doesn't try to do the transfer earlier in the day before the initial funds have been paid in and thus fail due to lack of funds - if it did it 'could' cause havoc/charges etc ...
Our nationwide sits with only the charge amount and I was bringing that down from 30 days to 15.
First month I checked and because it went out the same day there were no charges. When it happened a second time I asked around and someone mentioned that I only needed to be paying in the £13 (the min payment obviously got confused with another account). It's why it worked fine on the 1st and not the 14th which is illogical.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
or me.
Oh forgot to say, you get rewards with Lloyds accounts too - eg a 12 month magazine subscription, 12 cinema tickets, etc - you can choose which you prefer and also if you have 2 DDs paid out each month you also qualify for interest on your account balance.
But that only applies if you are a UK resident.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Thanks Mel, but basic pension still isn't enough to do tat. :(

Respect for your savvy though. (y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks Mel, but basic pension still isn't enough to do tat. :(

Respect for your savvy though. (y)
You don't need to leave it in the other account Joy, just do it with a smaller amount and repeat it several times until you reach £1500 per month, either by standing order or do it yourself manually. There's no requirement to keep the new account for any length of time so after a month for example you can simply stop doing it and close it. The upshot is whether it is worth the effort of investing the time into doing it to get the £100.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back