Rod license for fishing (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi folks can someone put me right regarding the whole rod licence thing in England and also is it a requirement in Wales, up here in Scotland we don't have a rod licence all we do is purchase a permit from the local angling shop for the waters we wish to fish.

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Not up to date with it but when I casually enquired at Post Office I thought it sounded expensive. Someone will be along shortly.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Just done it myself ÂŁ30 for the year 2 rods.
Did it on my phone in 2mins.

Cheers James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
You need to buy a rod licence from the environment agency to fish in England and Wales.

edit:- must type faster🙄

OP
OP
Tonydom
Dec 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cheers guys, I have visited England many many times usually to the city's London, Liverpool, Manchester, I know course fishing is the big thing down south but I'm more into game fishing Salmon,brown trout and sea trout don't mind the odd day pike fishing though, first trip will be Yorkshire any recommendations

Sep 9, 2021
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican S
Exp
Have owned my moho for 2.5 years now
Cheers guys, I have visited England many many times usually to the city's London, Liverpool, Manchester, I know course fishing is the big thing down south but I'm more into game fishing Salmon,brown trout and sea trout don't mind the odd day pike fishing though, first trip will be Yorkshire any recommendations
you will need a different licence for salmon and migratory fish

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
you will need a different licence for salmon and migratory fish
or a wee net on a cane for these ones! :whistle2:
1631801726475.png

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Although you don't need a rod license in Scotland, if you fish the Border Esk from the Scottish bank, you still have to buy an English rod license, I bet Wee Nicky doesnt know about it yet !

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Although you don't need a rod license in Scotland, if you fish the Border Esk from the Scottish bank, you still have to buy an English rod license, I bet Wee Nicky doesnt know about it yet !
I think there are small parts of the southern bank of the Liddell Water (a tributary of the Esk) up towards Cannonbie that are actually part of Scotland but you need an English rod licence to fish either bank even though you're not in England. Used to be part of The Debatable Lands before they were divi'd up. Just another typical example of us being put upon! :whistle2: ;):giggle:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I've fished the Liddle down at Penton Bridge a few years ago, a great beat when the conditions are right.
My son lives in the old Toll Cottage that they used to collect the tolls when the Highland Drovers would ford the Liddle with their cattle when they used to walk them all the way to Smithfield and other markets.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back