Rocky's gone (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Well Rocky has now gone to her new owner and we have a VERY empty driveway. We are gutted, I can tell you. We can see all the way up our road and being in the lounge is now like being in a goldfish bowl :Eeek: I used to like looking out at the back of Rocky and now I miss it dreadfully :cry:
If anyone needs parking for an RV we can accommodate for a while, as it would then give us something familiar to look at :roflmto:
Can't wait until we get sorted out with a replacement :cry:

Keith

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
That is the problem, we don't know yet :cry::cry::cry:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Well Rocky has now gone to her new owner ...............Can't wait until we get sorted out with a replacement :cry:

Keith

GUTTED for yer mate !!!!! :-(

Every 'van i've ever sold, it's cos I've ALREADY found the replacement...........but it still hurts. It's like somebody taking your best mate off you! :-(
Still wish there was some way of catching up with my previous 'vans. Would be nice just to know they're OK.
Listen me! Sound like a right flippin' anorack! :)

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
You not got one lined up then Keith? I am surprised, want a folding camper? I know of one going :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: 6 berth, no seat belt issues

Holyfast meet coming up, plan on having one by then?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If anyone needs parking for an RV we can accommodate for a while, as it would then give us something familiar to look at :roflmto:

Keith

I'm on my way:winky:sick of storage:thumb:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
I know what you mean Paul, it is weird eh? Think I am also becoming an anorak too :ROFLMAO: We advertised Rocky just really to see if there was any interest and there was loads, which surprised us enormously. One viewer came round and then made us an offer, after some discussions we finally agreed on a price to sell and that was that, as they say. I think the new owner got a bargain with everything we had done to Rocky, and should have many years of trouble free RVing ahead, and we were left "sans RV". We have seen a few RV's that we / I liked, some of them are real sheds though, I really cannot understand how some folks can allow their pride and joy to fall into such conditions.... I went to see one RV, not really old, nice photo's and the story was that it was immaculate, inside and out. Maybe I am a bit to particular, but the few marks on the outside were acceptable and I could have sorted them out reasonably easily, however the inside was a different story.
A flamethrower would have been an appropriate tool to start with. The upholstery was filthy, it stank of dog, the dog had tried to chew it's way through the bathroom door and...... Well I won't go on. I did make an offer (as I do enjoy a challenge :ROFLMAO:) but was turned down, so off I went, never looking back. I have since been hundreds of miles viewing other sheds, I know we do not want to spend a fortune but how much does it cost to clean an RV ready for sale?
I figure that if someone cannot be bothered to clean their RV for me to view it then what else have they not done? I am always suspicious of approaching an RV that has all its windows open :Eeek: What is that all about?
To answer your question Debbie. We have made an offer on an RV at a dealers and are waiting to see / hear the outcome. I don't really want to say to much at the moment because we want this RV in particular and do not want to tempt fate by saying anything to early :Doh:
We will have a replacement as soon as we can get one as we are both missing having an RV on the driveway and more importantly, missing being able to use one at weekends, it just seems like an age at the moment.......... Time is really dragging for us as you can imagine :cry:
Hey ho........

Keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Good luck in your hunt K & S we will all watch your messages with interest.

You know you missed a goodun........mine, but then the time wasn't right.:RollEyes:

Keith

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks Debbie and Keith....
I know that your RV was a beauty mate, I am sure that the new owner of that one is well chuffed :thumb:

Keith

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
kands,

I've not had the pleasure of owning a MH yet, so I can't feel exactly as you do. I am sure that you still can't believe there is an empty space, physically and metaphorically. I can share some of your feelings, however, as I'm STILL waiting for the DVLA to decide on re-granting my C1 entitlement - rather crucial as we're fairly sure we want to get a RV rather than a european van.

Good Luck with the news on the replacement. I hope it comes soon so that you can resume your MHing activities.

Only thing is - please don't call it Rocky II - too much like Sly Stallone....:ROFLMAO:

:hug:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Only thing is - please don't call it Rocky II - too much like Sly Stallone....:ROFLMAO:

:hug:

OK I promise not to :roflmto:
Hope that you get your C1 reinstated soon, although there are quite a few RVs that are below 7.5 tons available, I guess it all depends upon what you are thinking of buying?

Keith

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Keith did you get the "KandS on Tour" off of the van? Or is the poor guy gonna get grief wherever he parks up:ROFLMAO:

And talking of usernames for Sharon how about buying an "Apollo Demountable", that username would just trip of the tongue:rollonfloor:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
And talking of usernames for Sharon how about buying an "Apollo Demountable", that username would just trip of the tongue

Apollo - Apollo Creed, Rocky's opponent - back to Stallone again!::bigsmile:

kands - C1 allows over 3.5 up to 7.5. I'm almost thinking it's worth finding out about getting a full C licence, but it'll only be worthhile if I can pass the physical, which at the moment is a no-go with my "dicky ticker"

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jim
Yes mate the Kands On Tour came off relatively easily with some heat :Smile: The real tough bit was T Cutting and repolishing to reduce the faded colour under the lettering....... It looked good when I had finished though.

"Apollo Demountable", I think not mate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It woulod not sit well on top of Sharons Ford Explorer :roflmto:

Yes sorry papa, I realised that I had cocked up between the C1 and the C license, you really do need that C1 back don't you, not many RVs less than 3.5 tons mate :Eeek:
Good luck with it anyway, fingers are crossed and do let us know how you get on...

Keith

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I used to like looking out at the back of Rocky and now I miss it dreadfully :cry:
You sentimental ol sod, Go count your cash:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Who ever said money isnt everything------------------------------------LIED

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
shouldn't say that Tony

Paul and I are staying a B&B round the corner for wait for it............................ £75

It is the only way we can join you all

Not careful we may be knocking on your door, I know what you look like :winky:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
As per your sig Tony..... You have made the deal, now it's time to dance mate :roflmto:

How many does your Winnie sleep? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you soon....

By the way Geo, the bank has my cash so you know how hard it is to get it back now :roflmto:

Keith

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well done on the sale Blimey that was quick

The hard part will be finding a suitable replacement i think, but if you've got the cash at least you can do a deal. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Did you say Rockie's new owners signed up on here?

Spill the beans.

PS:- I am still waiting for the parking on the drive invite:winky:do you do hookup and full english:thumb:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi John
The beans are not mine to spill mate, I do not want to take away their thunder :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I am sure that they will post when they are good and ready :roflmto:
Re the invite...... When have you ever waited for an invite matey? You know you are always welcome here, just call when en route so we can get a brew going :roflmto:
Hook up is in place, ground is level, just bring pig and chicken ......................

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back