Rockwood Regent For Sale (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
We have decided to sell our beloved Rockwood after two + years of loving ownership. We have improved this RV with real attention to detail and have not skimped on any work that has been required. It has been correctly maintained and although it is now 12 years old we consider that it is in very good general condition.
As with every vehicle of this age, please do not expect it to be "as new", but there are an enormous amount of parts to this RV that are significantly less than 2 years old now. We are only selling our wonderful Rocky because we need to have a diner in the coach and as this is something that cannot be bolted on, we have no option but to change vehicles and get another, probably a 32 foot RV.
We will be sad to see Rocky go and would rather that it sold to someone who was going to lavish attention upon it as we have done. It has been extremely reliable and comfortable, however as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.
Please see our advert Link Removed and feel to contact us to ask any questions that you may have.
Thanks for looking and hopefully one of you lucky people will end up being the next loving owner. We are open to sensible offers to buy this great RV.

Keith

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Keith

Good luck with the sale mate, knowing how much love and attention you've both lavished on it someone will get a very nice RV.. :Smile:

For a bit of extra coverage copy past the add onto RVF :winky:

Jim

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Keith

"It has been extremely reliable and comfortable, however as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end."

Hopefully you did not mean to write the above as it reads :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Keith just a comment if I may, No you did not intend to write that the reliabilty and comfort had come to an end, because I know it has'nt, having read your add I can confim the realiabilty and having spent many happy hrs in there also the comfort factor:thumb:
The Miles per gallon figures I can also confirm as i followed you for those hundreds of miles, and did not get as good a figure out of mine, Power output was also suprising.and was equel to my 2001 25000miler Coachmen, dont let the age fool you folk,its all there and going strong,
I thought from a buyers point of view, as there is no hint of an asking price would I make the call?? prehaps best offer over£?.?????? or offers around £?.??????may help
Good luck with the sale, and happy motoring to the New owner
Geo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
There is another one exactly the same for sale here on Camping 'Almafra' but it is NOWHERE near as good as your's Keith (Kands). If anyone asks about the one on Camp? I shall point them to your's. Hope you sell. :winky:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks all for your wonderful comments :Blush:
Thanks Jim I will post it later mate, cheers :Smile:
No George, it is not meant that way, however your post gives an insight into your thinking :ROFLMAO: I don't really know what other words to use mate.....
Hey Geo, As you know we were really impressed with the consumption we achieved, good wasn't it. It really does fly along with no effort, and considering that your Coachmen has 50% more horsepower I can honestly say how pleased I am with the overall performance.......
That would be great JSW, the trip to see and buy ours would definitely be worth it :roflmto: Hope that you are enjoying being in your Newmar at last matey ::bigsmile:
Regarding the price, I would rather let people discuss the RV and then discuss the price as I think it is better to understand what we are selling than just value it on tonnage. I do believe that the Rockwood is worth a lot more than we will actually sell it for due to the work and parts that have gone into it, but when someone actually comes to see it they will be able to make their own minds up about that, and a dealer would want an awful lot more money than we are thinking about asking. It will be a bargain for someone :Smile:
Thanks again guys......

Keith

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Paul's office got all the lead stolen off the roof over the weekend, I keep saying, buy RV, park on site, sort out security and we have somewhere to store the RV

Have to say would have to get someone else at weekends as we would not be there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Paul's office got all the lead stolen off the roof over the weekend, I keep saying, buy RV, park on site, sort out security and we have somewhere to store the RV

Have to say would have to get someone else at weekends as we would not be there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You might get the RV stolen then. :Doh:

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi keith

No problem, it just looks like the kind of sentence used on ebay to circumvent the must be as described rule. I only wanted to let you know how it looked for your benefit, a slip like that could make genuine buyers wary.

Best of luck with sale

George

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks all and of course I will keep you all informed regarding the replacement, especially Linda who will have her catalog open and ready :ROFLMAO:
Thanks George, I did understand your post mate and welcome any positive criticism. Unfortunately I do not know how to edit the post now as I have looked for the edit button but it seems to have disappeared :ROFLMAO:
Anyway just to clarify, I do not expect the comfort or reliability to come to and end anytime soon ::bigsmile:
Also want to point out that the Rockwood has a dining table that is very useable and fits into sockets in the floor, however the reason we want a seperate dining area is so that we can sit in our RV whilst our lad takes over the vast majority of it with electronic gadgets etc.
Thanks again all

Keith

Ps Debbie, you know you want to buy it, so what are you waiting for, don't let someone else beat you to it :roflmto:

Last edited by a moderator:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi:cry: so its finnally up for sale then kieith best off lluck:thumb: ill post my one soon just got to M.O.T mine friday :winky: allthough doesnt run out till october

best off luck with the sale:Smile:

Ray

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Keith

I think the edit button is a short term thing, not sure yet when it disapears, whethor its after you have left the thread or after you leave forum for a short while

EDIT : See now edits still here giving you a chance top correct any mistakes

Edit 2 : Leaving the thread and coming back its still here

Edit 3 : even closing all screens down doesnt do it, maybe its on a timer?

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Maybe after someone responds, that would be a good feature to stop someone changing there post after a response.

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Thanks Sharon

yep the edit buttons still here

George:thumb:

B

brenda

Deleted User
Keith

what is the payload please?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Brenda
Keith and Sharon apear to have gone Awal to night :Sad:
The RV has an excellent payload they will get back to you:thumb:
Geo

B

brenda

Deleted User
Thanks Geo

I am looking for my first rig to go fulltime and don't know whether to go to the States for it.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I am looking for my first rig to go fulltime and don't know whether to go to the States for it.
I can only tell you I bought My RV private over here with advise and help from Keith and other folk on here, and I bought good, I looked at Importing and it will work, but on mid range and lower priced Rvs the savings aren't so good and you have all the aggro of registration and converting, Keith's Rv is a tried and tested beast well known to 90% on here
By the way I'm not on commission::bigsmile:
Geo

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Brenda
Sorry for the delay in responding, Sharon's parents are staying for a few days and we have been having a really nice family dinner ::bigsmile:
I will look tomorrow and take a picture of the rating plate so you can see for yourself as I do not remember exactly but I seem to remember that it is quite a large payload. All the lockers are steel boxes and are carpeted and they also have switched lights in them so you can see what you are doing when it is dark.
There are 5 lockers down the left (drivers side), one is for the 4.5 Onan Genny, another is for the dump station valves etc, the forward one is huge and a pass through and the rear one is smaller but also pass through. The 4th locker is large and extends 3/4 of the width under the coach, up to the LPG tank on the opposite side. On the right hand side there are 4 lockers, 1st is large and pass through, 2nd is just large, 3rd is LPG tank (29 gallons/90ish liters) and the 4th is a smaller pass through. All lockers have had the gas struts replaced so that the doors stay open on there own and the locker doors are full height, not hatches, so you are able to get large objects into the lockers.
I hope this helps

Keith

B

brenda

Deleted User
Thanks Keith

Geo

But you get a 'free holiday' if you stay a year by avoiding import tax?

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks Geo

Hi again Brenda
The decision whether to go to the states to get an RV would, in my opinion, depend upon how much one was spending. One has the price of the RV, which will of course be less than in the UK due to there being huge competition out there and many more of them, then you have to add the shipping cost, the vehicle duty and the VAT. Then when that is all sorted out you need to get the lights sorted out to conform to European standards and the mains electrical installation altered to allow connection to the UK's 230 volt hook up. I would expect to pay approximately £5 - £7K on top of the cost of buying the RV, so if you are spending serious money then it is definately worthwhile (again in my opinion) but if you are spending the sort of money we are looking for it is a close call whether it would actually save you anything at all :Smile:
I hope this helps

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back