Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
One to watch out for,friends from our campsite here at El Portus,were travelling back to the UK couple of days ago and were robbed at gunpoint by some guys on motorbikes,who pulled alongside them and indicated they had a problem with their trailer.the happened somewhere near San Sebastion

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
How dreadful for them.

I hope they didn't lose too much and I hope they don't lose the desire to motorhome.

Did they pull over before the guns appeared or did they pull over because guns were being pointed?

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
They got papers to continue to UK,as their passports were also taken not got the full story yet.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just what I want to hear when I will soon be driving down to Benidorm with the Grandkids in our car.. !!

Luckily I read things like this on these forums and hopefully it will make me aware enough should something like this happen... I know it's not just motorhomes it happens to.
Foreign plated cars are easy to target, seen many of the videos on youtube etc....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
fake cops had a go at pulling me over a few miles back from the border at irun near san sebastien about 4 years ago. red toyota with 2 blokes and a woman , had blue flashing light inside and a amateurish looking pop up "stop" sign in the rear window. i didnt stop and they sped off at the final exit before the border. it was dark and they had a go at slowing down in front of me but i was having none of it so on went the full beams and about 6 inches between our bumpers and i think they got the message .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back