Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Persona non grata !!

So, David and Ann don't have the guts to apologise, so be it ! they are now pond life as far as I am concerned ! As far as the Voyagerstan is concerned, It smacks a little of a Swift post, perhaps he has signed on under another name ??? :Eeek:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I wont comment on this particular thread, but I would like to make a broader observation

not all youths with hoodies took part in looting

not all people on benefits are on the fiddle

not all Essex Girls are an easy lay

Gay people dont all have aids or HIV

Just because a person uses a wheelchair dont presume they cannot walk at all, some can.

etc etc etc

STEREOTYPING should be BANNED !!!!!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Never met Frankie, but due to the help she has given Funsters in the shit in the past she doesnt deserve these comments.

Mon Dieu... please avert your eyes my Princess!

John... I agree with your post and thank you for posting it but my Princess is not used to language like this, living as she does in an ivory tower and waiting for her hair to grow long enough so she can lower it to the ground enabling me to climb up and rescue her (while Salopian is asleep!)...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Been to France once only, this year.
Found nothing but friendly helpful people, so much so we will be going back as soon as possible. Beats the jobsworths and "not my jobs" you get on many sites here.
As far as arrogant, rude, self centred people goes, there are a few on this site. Look in the mirror.
The anti French posters would probably cry "racist" if someone made the same comments about Africans, Indians, etc.
Never met Frankie, but due to the help she has given Funsters in the shit in the past she doesnt deserve these comments.
Add ill mannered to the "self" list of insults.
"Ask a Moroccan"....you could say "ask a Scot what he thinks of the English". Same scenario.
(Scots folk, that's not a cheap jibe, just an example.)

Now's the time to come on with "All the French except Frankie"

There are loads and loads of wonderful frogs !! BB comes to mind at once ! :ROFLMAO: :Rofl1

For you youngsters out there.....google Brigitte Bardot !!:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Bugger !!

John... I agree with your post and thank you for posting it but my Princess is not used to language like this, living as she does in an ivory tower and waiting for her hair to grow long enough so she can lower it to the ground enabling me to climb up and rescue her (while Salopian is asleep!)...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I know when I am beaten !! The princess is yours ! I prostrate myself at her feet and kiss the hem of her garment !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Look forward to seeing you in the New Year perhaps ! :thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

You poor, delude fool, JJ.
She lives IN A TREE!
I've seen the video.

PS. sorry about the language.
Make it "Merde".

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Typical FROGS Rude and bloody bad mannered. Only time i let on to a frog is when i wave at a passing motorhome before i realise its a FROG:Angry:
ps dont know how the better half talked me into going to Carcassone in 3 weeks time, must have been asleep and mumbled yes !!!!!!!!!

As the o/p I would like to disassociate myself from the above quote, which I’m not sure is tongue in cheek or not?

I have had good service, made many friends with local people and generally love France, however I do stand by my belief that I was targeted by the people at that services and I just wanted to make people aware as it is a popular first stop for many brits

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
As the o/p I would like to disassociate myself from the above quote, which I’m not sure is tongue in cheek or not?

I have had good service, made many friends with local people and generally love France, however I do stand by my belief that I was targeted by the people at that services and I just wanted to make people aware as it is a popular first stop for many brits

I am sure it did happen to you .... the same way i have been ripped off by the man who was selling souvenirs in the house of gards , ..... i paid for something he never put in my shopping bag.... and i will never get the opportunity to have it now:Angry:.....but to me HE is the exception ....

Don t feel associated (as far as i am concerned) to the post you have quoted

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know when I am beaten !! The princess is yours ! I prostrate myself at her feet and kiss the hem of her garment !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Look forward to seeing you in the New Year perhaps ! :thumb:

What! Give up? What woosie... I have been sharpening my lance, hot tuning my VeloSolex and practising getting up at dawn for weeks....:cry:

JJ

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Off topic salopian tried to pm but cant.We are in bridgenorth (stanmorehall touring park bridgenorth,on the stourbridge road if in the area then feel free to pop in with our famous french guest,have read many posts on her greeting us brits so would love to meet.
Dave

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Off topic salopian tried to pm but cant.We are in bridgenorth (stanmorehall touring park bridgenorth,on the stourbridge road if in the area then feel free to pop in with our famous french guest,have read many posts on her greeting us brits so would love to meet.
Dave

OMG... not another suitor I hope... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Your quite safe jj,im happily married,well thats what my wife tells me :Smile:
Dave

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Ok buster !!!

What! Give up? What woosie... I have been sharpening my lance, hot tuning my VeloSolex and practising getting up at dawn for weeks....:cry:

JJ

Right ! That's it you mongoose loving xxxxxxx ! Daggers are re drawn, stuff your Solex, I am now the proud possessor of an electric bike ! So it seems that a joust along the lines of battle are to be!! I have shorn the locks of your alleged "Princess" so you had better get a ladder from B & Q if you want to mount the heights of her boudoir ! No chance pal ! I too have "people" watching you and the information received makes me laugh to my boots !!
Dream on and the battle recommences !! King of Salop !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We`ve been goin to France since 1977 and we have never had a bad experience, only with the weather.We found the French helpful and tolerant with us in our attempts to communicate with our limited vocabulary.We also had many laughs along the way:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Right ! That's it you mongoose loving xxxxxxx ! Daggers are re drawn, stuff your Solex, I am now the proud possessor of an electric bike ! So it seems that a joust along the lines of battle are to be!! I have shorn the locks of your alleged "Princess" so you had better get a ladder from B & Q if you want to mount the heights of her boudoir ! No chance pal ! I too have "people" watching you and the information received makes me laugh to my boots !!
Dream on and the battle recommences !! King of Salop !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

please be carefull, he's got a kippor, some say hes not affraid to use it:Eeek:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
I wont comment on this particular thread, but I would like to make a broader observation

STEREOTYPING should be BANNED !!!!!

Amen to that. And if, because of those two posts, (and the responses to them), we all just stop and think before we make assumptions and generalisations then thats a pretty good result I reckon.

And JJ, we had coffee with them in Shrewsbury this morning - I'll send you the recording later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back