Rob & Jane (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Hi everyone,
I live in the low emmisions zone and need to have a certain filter to meet the new EU standards does anyone know the cost to have this fitted???

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and Welcome to the Fun.

The cost to have one fitted to a 2004 Hymer Fiat is just under £2,000 and Tomsetts in Kent have been doing quiet a trade on them. I have also heard that they are very good.

We have decided that we will probably store ours outside of the Zone as knowing our luck they will change the rules again in another few years and we will have to shell out more money.

Here is an e mail I received from Dave at Tomsetts earlier in the year. They are now fitting the filters to vans.

Sonja

Yes we have had a prototype filter fitted to our customers vehicle for several months now. The vehicle is running fine and our customer is not experiencing any problems. Subject to TFL's acceptance the filter should be in production by July.

The filter is a dry system so there are no costly additives needed to help it operate. The system should regenerate and clean itself regularly, there is a small flow gauge fitted to the vehicles dash which confirms the state of the filter. In most driving conditions the filter will look after itself, but if the gauge does show that the filter is beginning to block then it would be necessary to carry out a regeneration drive cycle, (driving for a short time in a lower gear than you would normally use for a set distance). This is the same for most modern diesel vehicles which have factory fitted DPF's as standard. At this stage we do not see it necessary to have a yearly service ( clean the DPF), but depending on the vehicles use and drive conditions, some vehicles may require a periodic service. I will investigate the cost of this and we will include it in our information on our web site.

The DPF will need to be certified which we will carry out at time of fitting. It will also need to be recertified annually and we are hoping to carry this out at the same time as the vehicles yearly MOT, but at present it has to go to a VOSA HGV test station at a yearly cost of £32.00.

I take it that your Hymer is based on a Fiat Ducatto Chassis with the 2.8TD engine. The cost for this type of engine is £1300.00 for the DPF kit. £300.00 Labour. VAT @ 20% £320.00. Total £1920.00.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Thanks for the quick responces, we're all booked up and hooked up for the shepton mallet motorhome show:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back