Roaring noise from fridge on gas (1 Viewer)

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Away for the weekend, when we stopped the Dometic auto switched to gas. No problem. Went to the pub and when we came back there was a loud roaring noise from the rear of the fridge as if the burner had gone berserk.

Turned it off and on, fault seems intermittent. Too wary to leave it in while we go to sleep although we have a gas alarm. Noise too worrying.

The fridge is only 6 months old. Any thoughts? We did come through an unbelievable dust storm in the fens on the way here.

Could take the outside vent off tomorrow but there is not much to see as I recall.

Thanks

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Sounds like some foreign body may have dropped over the burner head, but the fridge being only 6 months old there shouldn't be that much muck to drop down on to it.
As you say, have a look at the burner head tomorrow to see if there is anything obvious to see.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Jet cracked and letting too much gas through/ You can smell it if it is doing that, Sweet smell from exhaust and sooty as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I can hear ours running/roaring when the gas fires up, are you sure yours is noisier than normal bearing in mind that the gas kicks in and out.

Martin

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Does your fridge look like this model?? If so, then don't worry, they do tend to roar. (y)

fridge.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back