Road Traffic Act (StVO) will apply from Tuesday, April 28th, 2020, Germany (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

For trucks weighing 3.5 tonnes or more, turning right is in town mandatory walking pace committed if bicycle and foot traffic can be expected. All drivers are always asked to take the turn in time by blinking announce.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Don't you just love direct translations.
The above makes no sense in English..... Though I do get the gist.
Yes they are a pain, but to be honest some in "English" on here makes no sense sometimes. :giggle:

Useful for the gist as you say!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
If you want the full details in German, ADAC has them here:

Most interesting for me is a ban on the use of speed camera warnings on satnavs and smartphone apps, with a fine of 75 euros for offenders.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
If you want the full details in German, ADAC has them here:

Most interesting for me is a ban on the use of speed camera warnings on satnavs and smartphone apps, with a fine of 75 euros for offenders.
I thought that had been in existence for some time in Germany and France, Germany also bans Google's street view. However my navs get over the camera warning ban by advising you are over the speed limit without any extra narrative, like watch out there's a camera! But what I was posting was new as of today, and in you motorhome (over 3.5t) and turning a corner in an urban area this manoeuvrer has to executed at the equivalent to walking pace, so in English money about 2 mph!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back