Road conditions on Somport & Portalet passes? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Has anyone found a website that gives an up to date description of the road conditions on the Somport and Portalet passes. That's not a weather forecast or if the road is open, but the ease of use even if there has been recent snow.

I use the French Info Route http://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/maintenant.html and it's ok but covers the whole of France so maybe not specific enough, wondered if there was a French or Spanish site just for Pyrenean passes? I haven't found one yet.

We are travelling from Spain into France toward the end of April and usually at that time of year the passes are usually usable, but not always. Any ideas for a good website?
When we reach Sabiñánigo in Spain where we decide which route to take, it would be good to know a little more than if the pass is open or closed.

Thanks

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thank you Frankie, the first is not updated but if it were it would be exactly what I had hoped, the second link is very good, like that meteo site a lot.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Still snow on the top of the largest Pyrenees mountains today, but foot hills looked clear. You may be stopped by the police on leaving France, loads of checkpoints in operation at the French/Spain border going into Spain!

Reactions: SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Still snow on the top of the largest Pyrenees mountains today, but foot hills looked clear. You may be stopped by the police on leaving France, loads of checkpoints in operation at the French/Spain border going into Spain!
I hope they don't pull me over like a car I saw on the way to Barcelona a couple of days ago, the three turban-wearing occupants were staring down the barrels of machine guns being carried by several cops. Looked like a planned stop, roadblock just before a roundabout. Didn't see the outcome as I was going the other way :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Has anyone found a website that gives an up to date description of the road conditions on the Somport and Portalet passes. That's not a weather forecast or if the road is open, but the ease of use even if there has been recent snow.

I use the French Info Route http://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/maintenant.html and it's ok but covers the whole of France so maybe not specific enough, wondered if there was a French or Spanish site just for Pyrenean passes? I haven't found one yet.

We are travelling from Spain into France toward the end of April and usually at that time of year the passes are usually usable, but not always. Any ideas for a good website?
When we reach Sabiñánigo in Spain where we decide which route to take, it would be good to know a little more than if the pass is open or closed.

Thanks
If all goes to plan I will be on the le train Jaune through the Pyrenees on weds and will let you know in depth ;):)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Snowline at around 1800-2000 meters today (temps between 19-10 degrees) in the eastern Pyranees on the little yellow train..:):):)
20160406_103758.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back