Rm6271 fridge problem (1 Viewer)

Clive 1611

Free Member
Jun 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper amethys
Hi all, and thanks for allowing me on the forum, I recently changed the thermocouple on my fridge I have broken the cable going to the gas lit warning light which activates when the gas goes out, this part is no longer available, is it safe to use an optional neon warning light using the same connections, this light is an indicator light not a toggle switch, the fridge is electric ignition, but not automatic changeover, thanks for any help

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
w2f

Depends what voltage the original warning light worked at. You might be able to use an LED and resistor. Can you measure the voltage when the gas goes out?

Upvote 0

Andy_sim

Free Member
Jun 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Had one caravan now
Hi all, and thanks for allowing me on the forum, I recently changed the thermocouple on my fridge I have broken the cable going to the gas lit warning light which activates when the gas goes out, this part is no longer available, is it safe to use an optional neon warning light using the same connections, this light is an indicator light not a toggle switch, the fridge is electric ignition, but not automatic changeover, thanks for any help

Hi there, I have the same problem, managed to get a 1200mm super universal thermocouple which has the fridge working. I think my neon has been broken a long time and just discovered the break. I think it is just to advise it is lit. I will measure voltage when I get home out of intrest.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back