Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
riverside

stayed on there one new years eve.
good site with exellent toilet facilities.
social club with reasonable priced drinks.
bus stop outside for visits into southport.
good chippy on site.
very large hardstanding bases.
had a really good time there.
enjoy

Upvote 0

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
riverside

also riverside social club is home to some really serious line dancers who are near perfect in the art of line dancing.

the riverside used to be famous (no infamous ) for it's friday night grab a granny nite
(or as we put it knickers off nite).
so if your like me an old fart don't take your missus.

but the club has a really good atmosphere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I agree with the above. Good size pitches, new toilet/shower blocks and the bus which runs in to Lord St Southport stops on the site.

Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
But be careful not to get mixed up when driving there. There is another site within walking distance called Leisure Lakes and several people have complained about the condition... the toilets being filthy and 'security' zooming round the site on four-wheelers at 2am.... plus other bad write ups..... MAY I ADD THESE ARE ALL ALLEGEDLY.

I add this because this, too, is a Line Dance site but totally unlike the Riverside. If you do go to the Riverside please mention my name to the organisers of the Country and Western evenings, Bea and Barry, and that you are to be looked after. :thumb:

If you want to go out for a nice relaxed meal there is a little place called the Marina Cafe just up the road (again try and choose the right one as there are two.... this one has loads of land for you to park your motorhome on) and it overlooks the barges moored up and there is a nice walk up the canal across the road.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back