Ringwood, Any suggestions for Daytime Parking (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We are looking to stop at Ringwood for a couple of hours next week and looking for suggestions where we could park a 7.5m Motorhome. The furlongs carpark looks the most obvious but seems to have height barriers in most areas and the short stay with Coach Parking the spaces look pretty small.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Avon Heath Country Park. We often stop there for lunch on our way to Sussex to visit family. There is a small lorry parking area just outside the entrance where we have always found room and it is free. If you switch to the satellite view you will see it - and a MH and a PVC already there by the look of it. :)

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Avon Heath Country Park. We often stop there for lunch on our way to Sussex to visit family. There is a small lorry parking area just outside the entrance where we have always found room and it is free. If you switch to the satellite view you will see it - and a MH and a PVC already there by the look of it. :)

Thanks I did see that but was hoping for something closer as would prefer not to get the bikes out to cycle into Town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Just north of the dual carriage way there is a layby which cars park in.

Further north on the Salisbury rd is JB motors who have a large yard. If you want security might ask them if you could stay in there yard donation to a local hospital might work.

To the south there is a large industrial estate with loads of parking not sure how busy it is.

I stayed overnight there a year ago before an ultramarathon I was running starting at Ringwood.

On road parking on bickerley rd next to the common. Ideal for a picnic.....
Cheers James
C

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The main long stay carpark is fine for parking up for a day and busy enough to be fairly safe. Or a lot of large vehicle parking on Crow arch Lane industrial estate. Personally I would choose the long stay carpark. It is beside the furlongs centre car park and well signposted

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back