Ring RAC/REAC 650 type Compressor (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
After reading up on here and other places I decided to get a Ring REAC650 cordless compressor. Looking for some advice from users of similar units as at present all I seem to be able to do is deflate tires with it:Angry:

Maybe it's me but when I connect the hose I get an obvious amount of air escaping through the compressor i.e. like the compressor is leaking inside. Just want to check if there's something obvious I'm missing before I take it back...

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Tyre deflation valve

I am no expert on air compressors but yours does have a gadget called a "Tyre deflation valve" or perhaps the preset pressure is to low?

It might be set for a car tyre pressure and not allowing air to go into the tyre or allowing what it considers to be excess air to bleed off.

A typical pressure for a motor home might be somewhere around 80psi, a car 30psi.

so it is allowing some 50psi to escape

Just a thought anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I am no expert on air compressors but yours does have a gadget called a "Tyre deflation valve" or perhaps the preset pressure is to low?

It might be set for a car tyre pressure and not allowing air to go into the tyre or allowing what it considers to be excess air to bleed off.

A typical pressure for a motor home might be somewhere around 80psi, a car 30psi.

so it is allowing some 50psi to escape

Just a thought anyway.

Thanks Mike,

Checked the deflation valve and looks good, no visible/audible leaks. Also set the unit above the actual pressure in order to inflate and no joy. It sounds like there is a leak inside the unit itself:Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ring REAC650 cordless compressor.

Knowing how a wired one drones on and on and on with the extraordinary pressure of the MH I fear any cordless one you could pick up would not cope.

Anyway, first rule of cordless, "the battery must expire just before the job is finished".

Second rule "the closer to the end WITHOUT being just acceptable the better".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
After reading up on here and other places I decided to get a Ring REAC650 cordless compressor. Looking for some advice from users of similar units as at present all I seem to be able to do is deflate tires with it:Angry:

Maybe it's me but when I connect the hose I get an obvious amount of air escaping through the compressor i.e. like the compressor is leaking inside. Just want to check if there's something obvious I'm missing before I take it back...

looks like your not alone .. I would get a refund.

when the hose was connected to my motorcycle tyre an internal leak in the compressor meant a large amount of air escaped.

more disgruntled

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002Q57Z3C/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002Q57Z3C/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back