Rimor seal 7 (1 Viewer)

andy gt6

Free Member
Oct 19, 2017
Harlow
Funster No
just about to take the plunge and purchase a new rimor Seal 7 most important thing for me is towing, anybody got any experience towing 2000kg ? Dealer says will tow 2500 kg. But says nothing in brochure.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
first question, is a towbar available for a rimor seal 7?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Another important question I would ask is what is the 'real' payload ... they offer an upgrade to 3750kg for £395 which to me implies that the existing 3500kg doesn't allow a sufficient payload and for such a large family MH so it may be 'tight' at the higher weight too (assuming you have a licence to drive over 3500kg anyway). I also suspect it's built on the light chassis which will mean that uprating beyond what's already being offered may not be possible.

As regards towing, if it is the light chassis then it could be 2500kg max towing (unless its on an Alko chassis so could be less) but that will depend on what weight the MH itself it at, if you go up to 3750kg and are near the limit then you will have to deduct the extra MH weight from the towable weight so you don't exceed the total weight combination of MH and trailer.

From memory I think the light chassis will be something like:
  • Max Weight 3500kg
  • Max train weight (ie when towing) 6000kg but could be 5500kg if its on an Al-Ko chassis
  • Max front axle weight 1850kg
  • Max rear axle weight 2000kg
You may be able to get a towbar to fit but best to ring a towbar company and ask them first once you know for sure what base vehicle it's on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back