frayed_knot.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

viks10

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
Funster No
Hello
We are looking at a 2006 rimor superbrig - what advice would you give regarding the build quality etc of Rimor? What base does your one have? The superbrig is a ford 2.4 135 6 gear version and I wondered about performance and mpg.

You never know this time next week I amy be the only other RImor owner on here!
Thanks
VIks

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
There are a few Rimor owners but not me so cannot help, welcome to the site.:Smile:

robandwendy

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
SOUTHAMPTON
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YEARS
Rimor Sailer 645TC

Yes I have a Rimor.
Ours is a Sailer 645TC.
Mine is based on the Ford Transit 135BHP with 6 gears.
Had mine specially built because my better half is disabled. So had a Fiamma handle fitted by door to help her get in, had the lower bed/smaller garage option to make it easier for her to retire for the night. The dinette area we had changed to an L shaped lounge so the passenger seat could be swivelled to aid her getting seated. The table we chose is an island leg type. I also had a generator fitted so that her electric wheelchair can be charged wherever we are and a rearview camera to help me manoeuvre without her assisstance.
All in all we are very pleased with this vehicle it meets all our needs.
We have travelled as far as Slovenia to the southeast and Lapland in the north. Just returned from Carcassonne in southern France where we had a cracking christmas and new year. Can't wait for next trip.
I hope you enjoy your van as much as we do ours

R

rizlared

Deleted User
I have a Rimor Kivi, small transit based, 2.5 diesel 1995 just re worked it all so now have all systems working, all I need to do now is understand the Weight plate to see if I am below the max gross weight, its all in German so not obvious what means what:ROFLMAO:

leo

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
Rimor
Exp
Rimor Super Brig

Hi All,
Just joined. We have a Rimor super brig, what a great motorhome. Its on a merc 2.8turbo diesel and stacks of room. We went to western France last year and are thinking about Italy this year... Any other SB ownwers out there

BIG ALAN

Free Member
Aug 19, 2010
CUMBERNAULD / SCOTLAND
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 635
Exp
10 yrs
Rimor super brig

HI, We have a rimor super brig as well, based on a merc, we had a kontiki before this one, the rimor build quality is much better:Smile:

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
As from Monday we will have a Rimor Sailer 728 on a 2002 Mercedes 316 manual gearbox.
I hope it's a good buy, only 20,000 miles still in good habitation condition. Swopped it with a Fiat Ducato Auto trail 1995 with 67,000 showing. We had that for 12 years and covered Europe with it. Sadly now 17 years old silly things like radiator hoses are becoming difficult to find, and as we spend a lot of time out of this country we need to be sure of repairs.

So someone else now in thew Rimor family.

Cheers.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Rimor

Not sure it helps but I bought a Rimor Europeo NG5 two weeks ago on a transit 2.4 with 5 gears........seems fine...so far:Smile:

Billy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We used to have a Rimor Sailer 645TC (Transit Mk 6 twin RWD, RHD), registered in 2007. It was the low bed version and had lot so bits and pieces on it. It was very comfortable and the quality was extremely good, probably the best built motorhome we've ever had! It drove very well and returned about 23 mpg (hubby has a heavy right foot :RollEyes: ). The only real thing to watch with the larger Rimors is the small payload - it is very easy to go overweight with them and we had been considering getting ours uprated to 3850kg (paper exercise as we'd already put air-assisted suspension on the rear).

We decided that we didn't want to go 'heavier' so after having it for 3 years and enjoying it immensely, plus we found the length at 7.14m was become a bit of a problem for what we wanted to do (there are only 2 of us!), we downsized to a 5.99m Chausson Flash 04 (Transit Mk 7) with a very similar layout which we found worked very well for us.

skinhead123

Free Member
Mar 20, 2012
lancashire
Funster No
MH
lowprofile
Exp
rimor sailer 748

i have had a talbot highwayman a autotrail scout six and now a low profile 748 sailer
the rimor sailer is excellent .i have had it for a year its a 2000 model and better constructed
than the other 2 models i have owned.

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Had ours about a month now, have done a couple of short trips and all seems to be well. Build quality is excellant and on a Merc 316 2.7 engine is quite powerful. Will take note of previous comment regarding payload as is rated 3500kg at the moment. Very happy so far!::bigsmile:

skinhead123

Free Member
Mar 20, 2012
lancashire
Funster No
MH
lowprofile
Exp
i had a problem with the bathroom tap.it was very easy to remove the cartridge
and replace and i also bought a spare .£12.00 each from southdowns .
its worth buying a spare in case your away and it starts to leak.
i love the rimor and for a 2000 model it was quite advanced
it as the 312 merc engine which is suppost to be able to do half a milion miles .

flymo

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
sheffield
Funster No
MH
RIMOR
Exp
HI IVE GO A RIMOR SAILER 748 2002 .ITS ON A MERC 316 CHASSIS .IVE HAD IT A COUPLE OF YEARS ITS DUN 58000MLS AND ALL SEEMS OK.
I HAD THE ENGINE CHIPPED LAST YEAR IT WENT WELL BEFORE BUT NOW IT GOES LIKE STINK EVEN WITH AT TOW CAR BEHIND. STILL DOES 25-30 MPG. GOING TO FRANCE THIS YEAR NEVER BEEN BEFORE ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD SITES NR TOWNS OR VILLAGES WITH SOME NICE BARS IN

THANKS PAUL [ FLYMO ]:thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
there are nice bars in near enough every village ::bigsmile:

roadlesstravelled

Free Member
Nov 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Rimor europeo NG5

Hi,

Looking to possibly buy one of these, any other current, previous owners that would care to give me any feed back...good , bad or indifferent???

Thanks in advance.

D

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Never had one, but here's one at a good price!::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Hi,

Looking to possibly buy one of these, any other current, previous owners that would care to give me any feed back...good , bad or indifferent???

Thanks in advance.

D

I have one its a 2001, on a transit, 6 week tour of UK this year from Spain, several other trips, no problem whatsoever. Need more detail pm me.

Hope that helps:thumb:

gazzeroo

Free Member
Sep 14, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie
Dunno if anyone is still reading this thread but we bought a rimor sailer 645tc about a month ago, needs a bit of tlc but so far very pleased. Astonished at the cost of spares from south downs though!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back